ESPN is at it again!!!!

You can go with whoever you please fopa. I could care less. As I said he is entitled to his opinion as you are, and god forbid mine.

If I remember correctly there was coment made by the Big 12 officiatiing office, stating errors are made on both sides of the ball. Some are more obvious than others.

I have no problem with the call. And I would not have had if it went the other way. It happens.

ESPN brings us a lot of college football, maybe not enough Nebraska football for you but they are the only network that truly dedicates themselves to college football during the season. I do not always agree with them but I do watch it normally every weekend during the season. If you had your way we would be down to the fox crap games and what ever could be seen in your own time zone.

I can put up with a little negativety to see other games. There are other teams besides Nebraska and they have fans that feel the same way. Most avid fans think everyone is against them.

OK...that's fine...put the knife down and relax, bud :thumbs

1) I was just trying to say that ESPN has their own agenda, lots of other obligations, and opinions that NEVER seem to match the midwest's. Bristol is a long way from Nebraska, BTW.

2) What is 'my way'? Please tell me how many NU games ESPN has broadcast since 2000 that WASN'T one of their bowl game requirements. I'll help you out. There was two. Fox's number of games in that time? 19. 16 if you don't want to count PPV. I'm not sure what kind of fan you are, but I would watch NU play with C-SPAN Senate Subcommittee commentators if it meant I got to see them play and I couldn't go to the game. So there is no way I'm going to badmouth Fox if they are willing to air the Huskers a whole hell of a lot more than the East-and Big 10- oriented ESPN.

3) My 'time zone' is Lincoln, Nebraska. To be honest, I lived in Denver for a while from the 2001-2002 season and did have to catch games away from here. Who did I have to rely on? Fox and Fox PPV. Thanks to the great folks at Croc's in LoDo for picking up all the PPV Husker games. (and for pissing off all the CU fans walking by disgusted by having a NU bar in their own territory ;) )

4) My name is Foppa, Skersfan. Not fopa. Yes, yours is easier, but I'll get yours right if you can get mine right. :thumbs

GBR! :restore2

Foppa,

When you win you are on TV. Fox has a contract with the Big 12. Big 10 has a contract with ABC. Reason being, more people watch Big ten football than they do Big 12. Money. Population base.

If Nebraska had been winning like in the past we would be seeing more games on ESPN. I look for that to start happening in the next couple of years.

I am a college football fan. I enjoy all the games, not just Nebraska games. I enjoy seeing who the top teams are and trying to figure out how we compare to them.

Been a fan for over 50 years young man. Have not had the luck to live in Nebraska even though I pay for season tickets every year. My cousin uses them. Hopefully I will be back there in the next couple of years to start using them.

I support the team and the law school financially every single year and have for the past 30. Do not question my devotion to this program, as you have no clue.

Oh by the way it is skersfan not Skersfan.

I think you are all correct, but the primary ones for weekly games are as mentioned, at least that is the way I understand it. I certainly could be wrong. ESPN/ABC can show our games and will when they feel they warrant it.

I just do not agree with the anti Midwest thought. They promote Oklahoma and Texas quite well. But of course they are winning. We get back to the old Nebraska we will see our games on ESPN I think. I agree with Foppa that sometimes they do bang on us a little hard, but as long as they spell your name right it's just added exposure.

Big XII Conferance games (Big XII vs. Big XII) can only be shown on TBS, ABC and FSN, (or PPV) period. ESPN can air a Big XII team if they are playing someone else in the non-conferance season, or a bowl game, of course. Not trying to start a fight but thats the way it is. They all have contracts with the Big XII. They all take turns in choosing what game they want to air week by week. For an example, one week ABC gets to choose first, then TBS, then FSN, ect.

I just ran across this article on the Big 12 sports website. (Talking about the 2005 season)

"Since the first year of the league, the Big 12 has always assured its teams of extensive national television coverage. The conference begins its 10th season with ABC as its national network television partner.

In addition to the games on ABC, the conference continues its long-standing relationships with FSN and TBS. The current ABC contract runs through the 2007-08 season, while the FSN/TBS agreement is through the 2011-12 academic year.

Several Big 12 contests will be shown on each network during the 2005 season. The following were known at press time. A number of games will be added as the season progresses (games & times listed are subject to change). "

Foppa,

When you win you are on TV. Fox has a contract with the Big 12. Big 10 has a contract with ABC. Reason being, more people watch Big ten football than they do Big 12. Money. Population base.

If Nebraska had been winning like in the past we would be seeing more games on ESPN. I look for that to start happening in the next couple of years.

I am a college football fan. I enjoy all the games, not just Nebraska games. I enjoy seeing who the top teams are and trying to figure out how we compare to them.

Been a fan for over 50 years young man. Have not had the luck to live in Nebraska even though I pay for season tickets every year. My cousin uses them. Hopefully I will be back there in the next couple of years to start using them.

I support the team and the law school financially every single year and have for the past 30. Do not question my devotion to this program, as you have no clue.

OK...

"skersfan". Sorry for the Capital S. <_<

There must be a large concentration of English majors and grads on this board. :bang

But I digress.

I never once questioned your loyalty to NU. I questioned what type of fan you are. There are many who won't listen to NU on the radio because Rose gives them a migraine headache. That's fine, but I'm not one of them. You slammed Fox, and I gave a reason why I respect them. If NU decided to televise the La Tech game on Univision, I'm buffing up on my Espanol this summer. It just doesn't make a difference to me. To some it does. That doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan.

I like to watch other games as well, but I'd give them all up to see only all the NU games I didn't get to go to personally. I'd rather watch the worst Husker game than the best Auburn-Alabama or UT/OU game. Why? Because of what you mentioned, skersfan...I've invested LOTS of time and money into the Big Red. $ I've invested in Alabama? Zero. Texas? Zero. Oklahoma? $7. (had to buy a T-shirt to work out in while I stayed in Norman B) Not many Husker shirts down there. ;)

AFAIC, Herbstreit and Tirico is the only glimmer of hope at ESPN. Like everything else at ESPN, it is all going downhill. So I could care less about their station, and how often they deem the Huskers worthy.

I realize that when NU wins alot, they ARE on TV more. I don't question that. It just makes no difference to me what channel it is. Just because ESPN shows a bunch of third rate Big 10 and East Coast games does not make them the end-all be-all of college football, no matter how many stupid mascot heads Corso puts on every week during Gameday. They usually have one quality Thurs. game, and one decent SEC/ACC game. For people with Gameplan, it might make more of a difference, I guess. I'm not that hardcore for other games, unless they impact NU. And that's usually just Big 12 games that Fox, ABC, or TBS covers.

Foppa,

When you win you are on TV.  Fox has a contract with the Big 12.  Big 10 has a contract with ABC.  Reason being, more people watch Big ten football than they do Big 12.  Money. Population base.

If Nebraska had been winning like in the past we would be seeing more games on ESPN.  I look for that to start happening in the next couple of years.

I am a college football fan.  I enjoy all the games, not just Nebraska games.  I enjoy seeing who the top teams are and trying to figure out how we compare to them.

Been a fan for over 50 years young man.  Have not had the luck to live in Nebraska even though I pay for season tickets every year.  My cousin uses them.  Hopefully I will be back there in the next couple of years to start using them. 

I support the team and the law school financially every single year and have for the past 30.  Do not question my devotion to this program, as you have no clue.

OK...

"skersfan". Sorry for the Capital S. <_<

There must be a large concentration of English majors and grads on this board. :bang

But I digress.

I never once questioned your loyalty to NU. I questioned what type of fan you are. There are many who won't listen to NU on the radio because Rose gives them a migraine headache. That's fine, but I'm not one of them. You slammed Fox, and I gave a reason why I respect them. If NU decided to televise the La Tech game on Univision, I'm buffing up on my Espanol this summer. It just doesn't make a difference to me. To some it does. That doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan.

I like to watch other games as well, but I'd give them all up to see only all the NU games I didn't get to go to personally. I'd rather watch the worst Husker game than the best Auburn-Alabama or UT/OU game. Why? Because of what you mentioned, skersfan...I've invested LOTS of time and money into the Big Red. $ I've invested in Alabama? Zero. Texas? Zero. Oklahoma? $7. (had to buy a T-shirt to work out in while I stayed in Norman B) Not many Husker shirts down there. ;)

AFAIC, Herbstreit and Tirico is the only glimmer of hope at ESPN. Like everything else at ESPN, it is all going downhill. So I could care less about their station, and how often they deem the Huskers worthy.

I realize that when NU wins alot, they ARE on TV more. I don't question that. It just makes no difference to me what channel it is. Just because ESPN shows a bunch of third rate Big 10 and East Coast games does not make them the end-all be-all of college football, no matter how many stupid mascot heads Corso puts on every week during Gameday. They usually have one quality Thurs. game, and one decent SEC/ACC game. For people with Gameplan, it might make more of a difference, I guess. I'm not that hardcore for other games, unless they impact NU. And that's usually just Big 12 games that Fox, ABC, or TBS covers.

You couldnt have bought a plain grey t shirt to work out in?

Just had to bu a ou shirt yeah right

:woo

just a random memory on ESPN + Missouri '97.

That obviously didn't happen. Or, that was the quickest split decision a college football player has ever made.

Shevin Wiggins came out later and said he meant to kick it (though not necessarily to MD). if i remember right he didn't say that right away, it was about a week or so after the game.

Even the Big-10-worshipping "Sports Reporters" on ESPN called it BS! they (actually one guy but the others agreed) argued that Wiggins felt he wasn't getting enough attention (Davison was the hero) and wanted a little of the spotlight. I can't remember their exact argument but it was something about Wiggins being the greatest kicker since Pele, especially considering the odd shape and unpredictable bounces of a football.

a week or so later the same guys also made mention of Michigan barely beating a weak team and compared it to NU vs Missouri.

at the time this was VERY surprising b/c these guys never sided with anyone over a Big 10 team.

Unfortunately their sentiments were short lived, when all was said and done they said Michigan deserved both championships. they used the missouri game as a reason (after defending Nebraska and bashing Michigan on that very subject only months earlier).

maybe they should just stick to Poker. and worshipping USC.

You couldnt have bought a plain grey t shirt to work out in?

Just had to bu a ou shirt yeah right

Well, the OU shirt was 6.99 at Wal-Mart, and plain T's that weren't undershirts were something like 9.99. Being a poor college student at the time, you do the math.

But that obviously says something of the value of an OU T-shirt IN Oklahoma ;)