Let's Be Honest...

See, this is what I don't understand. We are supposed to feel good about going 9-3, just because the team was a dumpster fire last year?

Bo and his staff got fired for repeatedly having 9-3 regular seasons, and falling short of expectations. So, why are we supposed to lower our expectations after Riley's terrible first year?

Because Bo never showed signs of progress. Regardless of whether or not it's to the point we'd like, 9-3 after 6-7 is progress. Progress leads to better results.

Anyways, I've thought all season that Minnesota is going to be the biggest trap game. That game more than anything makes me see 9-3 as a possibility.

So, what happens if NU goes 7-5 or 8-4 in 2017, which I think is very possible with how many key contributors on offense that are gone after this year. Is that still progress?

Look, I am really enjoying this year so far, but it will be disappointing if NU doesn't go at least 10-2.

I think 7-5 or 8-4 next year is a distinct possibility with a new QB taking the helm alone. Going back to this season, it all starts up front. Our O-line which was not a great strength even when healthy is banged up. Our D-line has had to replace 2 anchors. 9-3 this season seems far more likely than 10-2. I'll take 10-2 or even 11-1 though! The staff seems to be building a good recruiting class of athletes that better fits their schemes. It is going to take a few more recruiting classes and those recruits to gain some playing experience. Even after that happens, you still have to have good team chemistry and not too many key injuries.