Let's Be Honest...

Compared to how we've started? Yea, that would probably be a let down.

Compared to last year? It'd feel amazing.

See, this is what I don't understand. We are supposed to feel good about going 9-3, just because the team was a dumpster fire last year?

Bo and his staff got fired for repeatedly having 9-3 regular seasons, and falling short of expectations. So, why are we supposed to lower our expectations after Riley's terrible first year?

Nobody is lowering expectations. Pelini had seven years to get the job done. Riley deserves the same as long as he keeps improving. 9-3 would be improvement from 6-7. If not this year, next year I would like to see us go to B1G title and within five years actually win one. Its a process that doesn't just happen overnight. As long as I see progress every year leading up to championship, Riley deserves our support.

Riley has my support, but if NU were to not win the division this year, I would be thinking "Man, that was a huge opportunity missed" and I am sure Riley and his staff would be thinking the same thing. That's why I think Riley keeps pushing this team to get better. It's because he thinks he has a special group of kids who could get into the B1G championship game, and then who knows what could happen in that one game.

See, this is what I don't understand. We are supposed to feel good about going 9-3, just because the team was a dumpster fire last year?

Bo and his staff got fired for repeatedly having 9-3 regular seasons, and falling short of expectations. So, why are we supposed to lower our expectations after Riley's terrible first year?

Nobody is lowering expectations. Pelini had seven years to get the job done. Riley deserves the same as long as he keeps improving. 9-3 would be improvement from 6-7. If not this year, next year I would like to see us go to B1G title and within five years actually win one. Its a process that doesn't just happen overnight. As long as I see progress every year leading up to championship, Riley deserves our support.

Riley has my support, but if NU were to not win the division this year, I would be thinking "Man, that was a huge opportunity missed" and I am sure Riley and his staff would be thinking the same thing. That's why I think Riley keeps pushing this team to get better. It's because he thinks he has a special group of kids who could get into the B1G championship game, and then who knows what could happen in that one game.
I agree with this. While I think we have the guys to put together a very respectable team in 2017, we could very well take a step back. We control out own destiny this year. To be in this position headed into week 8 with this group of players you have to be thinking CCG or bust really

Just hope we can get the Wisconsin monkey off our back. They are our Texas of the B1G

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iowa is going to beat Wiscy?

Have you SEEN any Hawkeye games this year?

I..I can't stop laughing. Iowa will be lucky to get to 7 wins this year.

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

We'll know in 6 days...I think Iowa wins on Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines in your very subtle post, you think Wisconsin draws and quarters them. One of us will be wrong. Certainly might be me.

I'm curious.

What have you seen from iowa this year to think they will be capable of beating Wiscy? Or Penn State, or Illinois for that matter? That offense is a dumpster fire that has only been able to produce against PURDUE?

I don't understand it. Ive watched most of thier games this year and that team is playing like a high school team from Alaska. As in the words of Charles Barkley - Turrible.

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

We'll know in 6 days...I think Iowa wins on Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines in your very subtle post, you think Wisconsin draws and quarters them. One of us will be wrong. Certainly might be me.

I'm curious.

What have you seen from iowa this year to think they will be capable of beating Wiscy? Or Penn State, or Illinois for that matter? That offense is a dumpster fire that has only been able to produce against PURDUE?

I don't understand it. Ive watched most of thier games this year and that team is playing like a high school team from Alaska. As in the words of Charles Barkley - Turrible.

Iowa has been laughable in moments this year, but I think Wisconsin is due for a letdown game, and Iowa could easily beat them. I would put it as a 50-50 game right now.

Taking it a step further, I think both Iowa and Nebraska will be 6-2 in Big 10 play heading into the game at Iowa City -- which the Hawkeyes will clearly be favored in.

I don't quite understand why Iowa would "Clearly" be favored. What am I missing?

I feel like we're getting granular unnecessarily, but I will oblige. A) I think Iowa beats Wisconsin. B) I think Nebraska gets beat at Madison and beat badly in the Horseshoe (hope not, as I'll be there). C) Ergo, I think the game is fairly even, and the game being in I.C.IA gives them the edge in Vegas.

Why are people still talking like Minnesota is a good football team? They're no better than they were last year when we beat them by three TDs.

They're 4-2 and only one of the teams they beat, Maryland, has a winning record.

Minnesota is OK. They are not "good."

That's exactly how I feel about most of the teams on NU's schedule this year, that's why it will be disappointing if NU goes worse than 10-2.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

I'm curious.

Iowa has been laughable in moments this year, but I think Wisconsin is due for a letdown game, and Iowa could easily beat them. I would put it as a 50-50 game right now.

Vegas agrees...line is like -3

Why are people still talking like Minnesota is a good football team? They're no better than they were last year when we beat them by three TDs.

They're 4-2 and only one of the teams they beat, Maryland, has a winning record.Minnesota is OK. They are not "good."

That's exactly how I feel about most of the teams on NU's schedule this year, that's why it will be disappointing if NU goes worse than 10-2.

Yep!

We'll just have to see how things plays out. If we go 10-2 losing to Wisconsin and Ohio State while Wisky wins out, I think you just have to tip your hat to Wisconsin.

Plus I don't think we have much talent/depth on the OL and DL right now, so it's hard for me to have great expectations for this team. We're doing this with glue and duct tape right now.

They're 4-2 and only one of the teams they beat, Maryland, has a winning record.

I can't wait for the fallout if we go 9-3. Angst! Frustration! Gnashing of teeth!

Personally I didn't say they were good, I said I was most nervous about that being a trap game.