HBR: how to build an exit ramp for Trump supporters

When this election is over, things will go back to "normal" as they always do after every election. Nothing will change, the status quo will remain, regardless of it's bad or good or steady eddy. People will forget about it within days. Literally days. Cuz that's what society do. Hammer on somethin for a bit, then move on to the next supposed issue. The world will not end either way. So I dont see this "division" being a problem. Society will not remain divided on this. Cuz within a few hours, theyll become divided on something else. Then something else a few hours after that.

That's pretty spot on, Bility.

That only happens because the loser is dignified and concedes the election.

That very well may not happen here. Now, I see a republican governor (Kentucky) is claiming violence is needed to protect conservatism.

That is absolutely despicable. I don't see how anyone can be proud to be a republican anymore.

When this election is over, things will go back to "normal" as they always do after every election. Nothing will change, the status quo will remain, regardless of it's bad or good or steady eddy. People will forget about it within days. Literally days. Cuz that's what society do. Hammer on somethin for a bit, then move on to the next supposed issue. The world will not end either way. So I dont see this "division" being a problem. Society will not remain divided on this. Cuz within a few hours, theyll become divided on something else. Then something else a few hours after that.

I actually don't agree with this... things have been severely divided for years and years now. This year has worsened it in my opinion. I think it will stay bad.

yeah. I said that. At yhe end. It just wont be division over the presidency. Well quickly move on to the next issue. Hell i myself have already losg interest in the election cuz its clear how it ends. There will always be division. We are human. Humans have an opinion. But dont overlook the role of social media in magnifying a division that frankly was always there.

I actually don't agree with this... things have been severely divided for years and years now. This year has worsened it in my opinion. I think it will stay bad.

yeah. I said that. At yhe end. It just wont be division over the presidency. Well quickly move on to the next issue. Hell i myself have already losg interest in the election cuz its clear how it ends. There will always be division. We are human. Humans have an opinion. But dont overlook the role of social media in magnifying a division that frankly was always there.

Gotcha

I must flatly disagree that Trump voters/supporters do not have another option. There is plainly another option; they can use their vote (or abstention! Low turnout is a good result against Trump, too) to help elect Hillary Clinton.It's the definition of another option.To say there is "no other option" would be to say the two literal options* are the same. (*in Utah, arguably you can vote for McMullin and hope for 269-269 with the election being thrown to the House). That I cannot even begin to agree with. Hillary may be a typically problematic politician, but it's not in the same supercluster as Trump.

Sorry zoogs but you are failing to look at this in the same way many others happen to see it.

Hillary simply is not an option for many. Not only that, she stands for what many detest and most want to defeat. Liberal, progressive, lying, cheating, status quo, extension of the last 8 years, career politician that games the system and takes advantage of the common folk to bebefit herself, just to touch on the obvious items. Clinton simply isn't an option for many and, in fact, is what they feel must be defeated at all costs. And I think some of that cost is going outside a person's comfort zone to vote for somebody that spews hate, racism, misogyny, even to the point of supporting someone who has proposed nothing of substance. That is how bad many want to see what HRC stands for defeated. I know, I am very close to being in that demographic. But I simply cannot vote for or support a person like Trump. It is just too repulsive for me and trips way too many of my values.

As for the other options....those aren't really options. I thought Johnson was my out but the more I learn about him the more I realize what a flake and idiot he is. Stein? Much more of the same with even worse policy. Abstaining? That's the chickensh#t way out. I understand all too well that many many voters feel there is no alternative because there isn't one.

Right now, if I had to vote today, I've got it narrowed down to two choices; write in "they all suck" and check that box or go ahead and vote for the clueless idiot Johnson and hope that wasted vote sends some kind of message to the R's and D's. Don't let your political leanings cause you to think that there are really options for all voters. There are no options for many once you accept that HRC is not an option.

As detestable as it may seem, many view Hillary as a worse choice than Trump. It's a fact that people need to recognize.

It's also a fact that a lot of opinions aren't based on fact, but on exaggerated fears and disinformation manipulated for political purposes.

I can recognize that many view Hillary as a worse choice than Trump. Who'd argue with that? But please respect my fervent and patriotic desire to keep that man out of office.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone trying to keep Trump out of office. I don't want to see him elected either. I was simply trying to explain how some Trump voters may have ended up where they are without necessarily being racist misogynist pigs like the dipwad they plan to vote for. Hillary's sure no ray of sunshine either. Being better than Trump isn't an achievement anybody should brag about. I could go to the local jail and find a busload of less morally and ethically challenged people than either of them.

I still cannot believe this slate of worthless candidates out of 300,000,000+ people. It's like we're on that island in Rudolph only it's misfit politicians instead of toys.