Republicans are more likely to be business owners than Democrats

With all due respect to Steve Jobs, a new study shows that business owners are more likely to be Republicans than Democrats.

Republicans are 24 percent more likely than Democrats to be business owners

Republicans are way more likely to be presidents, vice-presidents and finance executives than Democrats and the hot industries for Republicans appear to be real estate, financial services and wholesale trade.

The study also found that Republicans tend to have stronger financial indicators than Democrats, such as higher household income, home value, net worth and likelihood to invest. They are also much more likely than Democrats to have a home office, purchase small business insurance, fly more frequently and invest more often in real estate.

What do Democrats do more than Republicans? Yeah, you guessed it – 70 percent are more likely to be in social services and 40 percent in education. Democrats are also more likely to work in larger businesses and have a 30 percent more chance to work at the greenest businesses in the country.

They may be putting the cart before the horse, it might be more like.... business owners, presidents, VP's, etc. are more likely to be republican. Of course, what a republican really is today might require some extensive caveats. I still feel like the same moderate/conservative type I've always been but I don't think I can identify as a Republican anymore.

They may be putting the cart before the horse, it might be more like.... business owners, presidents, VP's, etc. are more likely to be republican. Of course, what a republican really is today might require some extensive caveats. I still feel like the same moderate/conservative type I've always been but I don't think I can identify as a Republican anymore.

heh. With all my conservative old school beliefs, i havent idd as repub in, well, never. I registerd as independent when i turned 18. Almost 15 years ago.