The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

Who the hell was saying Wisconsins Offense was good? I don't believe anybody made that statement.

Recruiting rankings are crap. Say we had the 20th ranked class. Then one guy never makes it to campus, 3 guys fizzle out and transfer from depth chart, 2 more get beat out by walk ons and 1 gets injured and sticks around 6 years but never dies much from recurring injury. What good was the ranking now?

Talent is better judged by the eye test during their collegiate career opposed to making an assumption between their HS Senior year and College Freshman year.

The link I posted to current roster talent accounts for those factors.

I'm sure it will be ignored by people, though. Because it doesn't confirm a bias.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

Of course you're not.

It's pretty linear for those paying attention though: NU has more talented players than Wisconsin.

Oh that's right, the thing nobody was really ever arguing with you about. Silly me.

No, we're going to get some perspective and look at Wisconsin's game versus Georgia State...and understand that they aren't Effing barn burners and can be beat. It was 17-13 GA State in the 4th quarter.

Like when 2010 at-one-point-top-5-ranked Nebraska nearly lost to South Dakota State. Or when 2014 Nebraska who spent most of the year in the top 20 was one Ameer Abdullah miracle play away from overtime with McNeese State. Or when #18 (by end of season rankings) Michigan lost to Appalachian State in 2007.

idk how it's some kind of magical revelation that good teams struggle against bad teams sometimes.

Nebraska in 2010 went up 14-0 and never trailed. Are you also arguing that NU in '14 was really good? I agree, but just surprised to hear you advocate that position.

Wisconsin isn't better than NU this year. They are pretty good. By no means are they great.

The talent level is pretty close, but IMO the loss of their leading tackler is what should make the difference. TA is a much more talented QB than anything that Wisky has and as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over, there is no way that NU should lose this game. Stack the line and make them pass. He isn't accurate over 10-15 yards and doesn't have a strong arm by any means. I like how we match up with them at this point in the season. That isn't saying that we can't lose, but I think they need some help from us to win the game.

Cichy has been a beast this year, no doubt it would be nice to have him. But just for perspective's sake I think it should be noted that Cichy was the backup to begin the season. He was only starting because our #2 ILB Chris Orr was lost for the season on the first play of the LSU game. Chicy is our #3 ILB and our #4, Connelly was great against LSU (our #1 ILB Edwards was out for that game). Losing Cichy isn't good, but this team has great depth at LBer and the system really allows guys to shine there. I doubt this will be the difference in the game.

The key will be TA's accuracy and ability to hit guys in rhythm on quick hitting routes and which team can convert 3rd downs. The run game isn't going to work and on longer developing pass plays, UW's pass rush has been dominant. But we give up the <7 yard routes and try to limit YAC. That is our weakness and where NU has to have success. On the other side having CC back and healthy is a huge boon to UW's O. It means you have to respect the run and gives our WRs and TEs one on one opportunities on the outside. If our Oline can give him time, Hornibrook has shown he can find and hit the open guy. As with most B1G games, it all comes down to who wins in the trenches.

Should be a good game. This is the 2nd best Badger team NU will have faced since joining the B1G (after the original with Russell Wilson) and they still feel they have a lot to prove. NU is going to have to beat us, we aren't going to give it away. Obviously UW fans are confident that we can take care of business at home but it is far from a done deal.

Who the hell was saying Wisconsins Offense was good? I don't believe anybody made that statement.

Recruiting rankings are crap. Say we had the 20th ranked class. Then one guy never makes it to campus, 3 guys fizzle out and transfer from depth chart, 2 more get beat out by walk ons and 1 gets injured and sticks around 6 years but never dies much from recurring injury. What good was the ranking now?

Talent is better judged by the eye test during their collegiate career opposed to making an assumption between their HS Senior year and College Freshman year.

The link I posted to current roster talent accounts for those factors.

I'm sure it will be ignored by people, though. Because it doesn't confirm a bias.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

Of course you're not.

It's pretty linear for those paying attention though: NU has more talented players than Wisconsin.

Where do you get this gibberish!

lets see O-line - wisky

D-line- wisky

backers- prob wisky

secondary- nod to nebr.,

receivers- nebr.

qb hmmm/ prob nebr. but only cuz he is a rs fresh ( which everyone here, says is crazy to play)

rb-wisky

special team-?

This is based on the normal starters- not who is on the disabled list

That's how I see it.