The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

The CM logic:

If Nebraska wins, it's because we are the more talented team (thanks to the previous staffs stellar recruiting).

If we lose it's because the current staff failed to utilize the superior talent. Nevermind the last 2 times we went to Madison we got curb stomped.

You're incredibly sensitive.

You seem to not understand that I blamed the previous staff for the awful losses to wisky too.

That said, this Wisconsin team is not as good as those teams, except maybe the 2012 team. We'll see how the season plays out for them.

How was I being sensitive. Was I incorrect in my assumption? You have been saying all season we have better talent than most teams and that losing a game is indicative of poor coaching, not talent gap.

You're wrong in you're "nevermind."

Any yes, we have more talent than Wisconsin this year. I don't like the recruiting rankings personally, but a lot of people rely on them; have a look back at the average rankings of each team during the past few years.

Recruiting rankings are one aspect, Player turnover is another. You also have to look at depth at key positions (you can have too much or not enough) and are your best recruits "under" or "upper" classmen.

So using those 4 keys which team is more "talented"?

According to this adjusted talent ranking, NU is 25th in nation:

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Wisconsin is 33rd

If you watch Wisconsin, they are not good offensively.

Side note: based on that list, clearly recruiting isn't everything.

And if NU had been able to hang onto some DL this year, we'd probably have the 15th to 20th best roster in the nation. Probably as good as NU could hope to average.

The CM logic:

If Nebraska wins, it's because we are the more talented team (thanks to the previous staffs stellar recruiting).

If we lose it's because the current staff failed to utilize the superior talent. Nevermind the last 2 times we went to Madison we got curb stomped.

You're incredibly sensitive.

You seem to not understand that I blamed the previous staff for the awful losses to wisky too.

That said, this Wisconsin team is not as good as those teams, except maybe the 2012 team. We'll see how the season plays out for them.

How was I being sensitive. Was I incorrect in my assumption? You have been saying all season we have better talent than most teams and that losing a game is indicative of poor coaching, not talent gap.

You're wrong in you're "nevermind."

Any yes, we have more talent than Wisconsin this year. I don't like the recruiting rankings personally, but a lot of people rely on them; have a look back at the average rankings of each team during the past few years.

Recruiting rankings are one aspect, Player turnover is another. You also have to look at depth at key positions (you can have too much or not enough) and are your best recruits "under" or "upper" classmen.

So using those 4 keys which team is more "talented"?

You forgot injuries

Who the hell was saying Wisconsins Offense was good? I don't believe anybody made that statement.

Recruiting rankings are crap. Say we had the 20th ranked class. Then one guy never makes it to campus, 3 guys fizzle out and transfer from depth chart, 2 more get beat out by walk ons and 1 gets injured and sticks around 6 years but never dies much from recurring injury. What good was the ranking now?

Talent is better judged by the eye test during their collegiate career opposed to making an assumption between their HS Senior year and College Freshman year.

As for tomorrows game, it doesn't simply come down to the winner has better talent.

-Night game for Wisconsin at home, that is a HUGE factor in their favor.

-We have Offensive Line issues, they have a strong Defense that could take advantage in a big way.

-Will they be fired up after losing to Michigan and Ohio State or are they going to be mentally/physically drained?

-Can our offense push them to the point of breaking in the 4th like we have other teams?

-What Tommy Armstrong shows up? Either one will be better than whoever lines up to take their snaps.

-Is our team properly motivated or are we buying into the undefeated hype prematurely?

Factors like this ultimately ending up deciding the game more than the whole "talent" thing. But what do I know?

As for tomorrows game, it doesn't simply come down to the winner has better talent.

-Night game for Wisconsin at home, that is a HUGE factor in their favor.

-We have Offensive Line issues, they have a strong Defense that could take advantage in a big way.

-Will they be fired up after losing to Michigan and Ohio State or are they going to be mentally/physically drained?

-Can our offense push them to the point of breaking in the 4th like we have other teams?

-What Tommy Armstrong shows up? Either one will be better than whoever lines up to take their snaps.

-Is our team properly motivated or are we buying into the undefeated hype prematurely?

Factors like this ultimately ending up deciding the game more than the whole "talent" thing. But what do I know?

The same Tommy is going to show up that always shows up: two or three fantastic runs, 2 or 3 fantastic throws, 1-2 big Int's, and workmanlike the rest.

Who the hell was saying Wisconsins Offense was good? I don't believe anybody made that statement.

Recruiting rankings are crap. Say we had the 20th ranked class. Then one guy never makes it to campus, 3 guys fizzle out and transfer from depth chart, 2 more get beat out by walk ons and 1 gets injured and sticks around 6 years but never dies much from recurring injury. What good was the ranking now?

Talent is better judged by the eye test during their collegiate career opposed to making an assumption between their HS Senior year and College Freshman year.

The link I posted to current roster talent accounts for those factors.

I'm sure it will be ignored by people, though. Because it doesn't confirm a bias.

I'm sure it will be ignored by people, though. Because it doesn't confirm a bias.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

Of course you're not.

It's pretty linear for those paying attention though: NU has more talented players than Wisconsin.

It took a long time before the existence of parity in college football was acknowledged by most fans, coaches and the media. There was plenty of debate on the subject.

It looks like we still have a ways to go as it relates to turning our noses up at losses or close wins to top FCS schools. IMO The Missouri Valley Football Conference could compete well against most of the "Group of Five" conferences.

Hopefully after this season there will be far less of these "embarrassing" games to sully the reputation of the B1G.