The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

Is it possible that we lose the next two games, of course. I am optimistic that we can play with both teams though. It is nice to see us winning the games that we seemed to lose last year. I am predicting a win vs Wisconsin and I will be ready to get on to the board on Sunday and either see the "I told you we would win" crowd or the "I told you that we were overrated and that we would lose to Wisconsin" crowd. Either way it will be entertaining to see what people have to say!

it will be amazing after the game saturday if we win, to see the fanbase even more divided than before. LOL. I fully expect it. Gonna be a lot of "i told you so"s and "but"s come sunday. Probably regardless what happens.

I would just like to know what it would take for the "we're overrated and not that good" crowd to admit that we have a pretty decent team this year. Would we have to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State to convince everyone?

Wont be a win this week. Esp if Michigan kinda struggles with whoever the hell saturday afternoon. then, because of kneejerk society, all Wisconsins credibility will be gone before kickoff. LOL.

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but I think the B10 is poor this year, even if the rankings are good because we've played no one.

:smokin

I'm not sure what the emoji means. You're usually really data driven, which I appreciate, so if you think my assessment of the B10, especially the B10W, is unfair, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.

Is it possible that we lose the next two games, of course. I am optimistic that we can play with both teams though. It is nice to see us winning the games that we seemed to lose last year. I am predicting a win vs Wisconsin and I will be ready to get on to the board on Sunday and either see the "I told you we would win" crowd or the "I told you that we were overrated and that we would lose to Wisconsin" crowd. Either way it will be entertaining to see what people have to say!

it will be amazing after the game saturday if we win, to see the fanbase even more divided than before. LOL. I fully expect it. Gonna be a lot of "i told you so"s and "but"s come sunday. Probably regardless what happens.

I would just like to know what it would take for the "we're overrated and not that good" crowd to admit that we have a pretty decent team this year. Would we have to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State to convince everyone?

We have more than a decent team. We have a good team, and this team has beaten every team on its schedule, which is all we can ask for.

My thought has been that this roster is a top 15 roster, especially considering this schedule - right now, we are ahead of that expectation. If we finish ahead of that, that's a great accomplishment by the coaches. If we finish around #15, that's a solid performance. If we finish worse than 25th, that would be a very distressing signal about this staff.

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Am I confident in this staff's ability? Not exactly, considering they are struggling to throttle bad teams that are far less talented than our roster.

That said, going 7-0 isn't easy and this team deserves a top 10 ranking.

Speaking of MSU and Stanford, so much for the thought that we should emulate them offensively. I wonder what NU fans will tolerate if this team takes a step back like MSU has.

Your ability to intentionally strawman and contort someone's argument is honestly pretty embarrassing.

• Fire 1

Just in case you're actually incapable of understanding this (which, I can't believe I'm saying, is very hard to believe), here you go:

Who wouldn't want to be like the 2015 Michigan State Spartans, who won a conference title (something we haven't done in 16 seasons)? Of course nobody wants to have the quarterback and offensive attack of the 2016 Spartan team. Nobody in their right mind would argue that. Therefore, don't strawman the argument into something it's not.

• Fire 1

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but I think the B10 is poor this year, even if the rankings are good because we've played no one.

I'm not sure what the emoji means. You're usually really data driven, which I appreciate, so if you think my assessment of the B10, especially the B10W, is unfair, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.

Well, for starters my "data" would be the AP and Coaches' polls. They're imperfect but a pretty good indicator.

Next, I would look at Jeff Sagarin's ratings. There you find B1G teams at #2, 3, 10, 24, 31, 34, and 44. So half the conference is in the Top 45 including about a third of the Top 10.

It's somewhat top-heavy but saying it's "poor" is out of touch with reality.

• Fire 1

Well, for starters my "data" would be the AP and Coaches' polls. They're imperfect but a pretty good indicator.

Next, I would look at Jeff Sagarin's ratings. There you find B1G teams at #2, 3, 10, 24, 31, 34, and 44. So half the conference is in the Top 45 including about a third of the Top 10.

It's somewhat top-heavy but saying it's "poor" is out of touch with reality.

It is out of touch with reality. The Big Ten went 8-3 against power 5 teams. Next best conference went 5-5

• Fire 2

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Am I confident in this staff's ability? Not exactly, considering they are struggling to throttle bad teams that are far less talented than our roster.

That said, going 7-0 isn't easy and this team deserves a top 10 ranking.

Speaking of MSU and Stanford, so much for the thought that we should emulate them offensively. I wonder what NU fans will tolerate if this team takes a step back like MSU has.

Your ability to intentionally strawman and contort someone's argument is honestly pretty embarrassing.

Wow. talk about your classic overreaction to change a multiyear narrative.

We have more than a decent team. We have a good team, and this team has beaten every team on its schedule, which is all we can ask for.

My thought has been that this roster is a top 15 roster, especially considering this schedule - right now, we are ahead of that expectation. If we finish ahead of that, that's a great accomplishment by the coaches. If we finish around #15, that's a solid performance. If we finish worse than 25th, that would be a very distressing signal about this staff.

Why don't you just say that we have the 28th ranked staff in the country and then compare our ranking:

top 10: our players are amazing

top 20: players overachieved

top 30: players did what they could with what they had for staff

top 100: what do you expect with a staff like this

• Fire 1

We are 7-0 for the first time since most of you started following Nebraska is my guess. Why on earth can't you be happy for the kids and the staff.

Proud as heck of the kids, staff and program. But I was last year to. We have the meat of the schedule coming. Tough games for anyone in the country. Of course we can lose them, but we just might win them. Penn State proved, you have to play the game.

It sounds like the Wisconsin game is evening out some. What a game, hope the team plays well. No more injuries for either side and the best team wins.

We are 7-0 for the first time since most of you started following Nebraska is my guess. Why on earth can't you be happy for the kids and the staff.

Proud as heck of the kids, staff and program. But I was last year to. We have the meat of the schedule coming. Tough games for anyone in the country. Of course we can lose them, but we just might win them. Penn State proved, you have to play the game.

It sounds like the Wisconsin game is evening out some. What a game, hope the team plays well. No more injuries for either side and the best team wins.

I was talking about this very dynamic a week ago with a friend. I see two factions of fans within our own base that fit this. One is the older fan, that lived through the most dominant era of college football history, but has no perspective whatsoever of the game of football or how it's changed over the years. This person will never be happy again until we win dominantly every week, do it running the football, and by god there better be a damn fullback in game. Now, obviously it's a bit of an exaggeration, but if you just think about it for a minute, you get the general point i'm making. Nothing this current team can do will be good enough. Cuz these ppl have set 1995 as the standard. not 1996. Not 2001. Not 1993. The best ever is the standard. creating a lose lose situation.

The other faction is the young fan, who did not live during that time. The fan that's read the books. Watch the vids. Replayed the most dominant of wins on youtube. (though ignores the links to kansas 1993, wyoming 1994. Missouri 1997 and so on). They have this perception of how great that time was (which is was) that has created this desire to experience it themselves SO DAMN BAD, that again, nothing we do now comes close to it. I fell into this category as an 8,9 year old in 1991-92. My hardcore attention to Nebraska football began in 1990ish. All i heard about was the early 70's. Then shortly thereafter I got to experience it myself. now it's funny. My son is 8. He really started paying attention last year. I started showing him stuff from the 90's. But i cant reiterate to him enough how rare that is.

not everyone, but it's just a generalization i see when it comes to folks that seem like they cant be happy with anything.

Im on record as saying I believe a win saturday night could cause further division. There are ppl who are obviously beyond being pleased or impressed. There will be discrediting of the win. "Wisconsin is a 5-3 team". maybe Michigan looks human against the team they play saturday, which will steal some of Wiscys credibility. wiscy's big Inside LB is out. Bet your ass that will come up. And if we lose? Well the i-told-you-so cards will be out in plenty.