The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

So when we go to Madison and win ugly on Saturday, then what will the "na sayer's" have to say. The same people complaining that we dont belong are the same people that were whining about our losses and MR last year. OSU got beat by PSU, get over the "we don't belong" position. We are winning and that is all that counts.

• Fire 1

Kansas State has fielded decades of undefeated pretenders.....we're not even close to that. They did it by scheduling the worst OOC games every year...then got stomped the first time they played a legit team. The 4-team playoff alleviates some of that kind of scheduling. We just happened to get a sucky Oregon team for our big game, it wasn't by design.

So when we go to Madison and win ugly on Saturday, then what will the "na sayer's" have to say. The same people complaining that we dont belong are the same people that were whining about our losses and MR last year. OSU got beat by PSU, get over the "we don't belong" position. We are winning and that is all that counts.

Some people will change their tune, others will call it a fluke. Doesn't really matter.

Kansas State has fielded decades of undefeated pretenders.....we're not even close to that. They did it by scheduling the worst OOC games every year...then got stomped the first time they played a legit team. The 4-team playoff alleviates some of that kind of scheduling. We just happened to get a sucky Oregon team for our big game, it wasn't by design.

and realistically we have played decent competition. The records don't show it but

Fresno- ok this team is awful

Wyoming- tough defense and a very decent team for the Mountain West.

Oregon- we tried. Usually a Pac 12 contender every year but obviously have flailed around. Still not a terrible team though

Illinois- not sure what to think about this team

NW- this win is looking better every week

Indiana- this team isn't great but again a solid team that could give any team a fight.

Purdue- obviously a really poor squad but they aren't completely devoid of talent and their offense can roll at times.

Obviously no signature wins, but our schedule is not chalked full of pansies. These teams can still be physical and give any team a tough time on the right Saturday.

I couldn't care less if we're winning ugly or beating everyone by 20 points. We were 3-4 at this point last season, 3-6 by the time we got done playing Purdue. We're winning ugly, we "don't belong" in the top ten, we're going to get smoked by any "real team" we play.

Don't care. At all. Last year was a great reminder how most of college football lives most of the time. Doesn't matter if we're "supposed to be" better than that. A few key injuries and we could be looking at losses like those on a regular basis. It's tough to win seven games, especially seven in a row.

Look at Michigan State, your 2015 Big Ten champs. 2-5, riding a five-game losing streak.

That's how quickly things can change. I'm not going to complain that we're in the Top Ten right now.

EDIT - I should have included this in the first post. This wasn't a reply to Nebfanatic. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Truth!

I couldn't care less if we're winning ugly or beating everyone by 20 points. We were 3-4 at this point last season, 3-6 by the time we got done playing Purdue. We're winning ugly, we "don't belong" in the top ten, we're going to get smoked by any "real team" we play.

Don't care. At all. Last year was a great reminder how most of college football lives most of the time. Doesn't matter if we're "supposed to be" better than that. A few key injuries and we could be looking at losses like those on a regular basis. It's tough to win seven games, especially seven in a row.

Look at Michigan State, your 2015 Big Ten champs. 2-5, riding a five-game losing streak.

That's how quickly things can change. I'm not going to complain that we're in the Top Ten right now.

EDIT - I should have included this in the first post. This wasn't a reply to Nebfanatic. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

It is fun being a Husker and Cubs fan right now. !!!!!!!

We have possibly played the worst schedule for the first seven games in the history of CFB for power conference teams. Given that, I think we are better than the results allude to, but we have too many injuries to hold up for the remainder of the season. I don't think we can overcome the OL injuries, and we need TA at 100% to escape the defensive pressure that is coming in the next couple of weeks.

We have possibly played the worst schedule for the first seven games in the history of CFB for power conference teams. Given that, I think we are better than the results allude to, but we have too many injuries to hold up for the remainder of the season. I don't think we can overcome the OL injuries, and we need TA at 100% to escape the defensive pressure that is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Not by a mile. Baylors schedule is laughable.

I'm thinking of some undefeated WAC or MT West teams that got demolished in their bowl game when they had to play one of the big boys.

Over rated undefeated teams: 1) Baylor 2) Western Michigan and 3) Nebraska in that order until proven otherwise.

I would say that a 2 loss Florida State is the most overrated team in the country right now. Their big win is against a 3-4 Ole Miss team and they were blown out by 43 points (could have been much worse if Louisville wanted it to be) and at home to UNC. No way that team is a top 25 team based on results. They may be talented, but the results don't match the talent level. They are the prime example that the pollsters don't like to be proven wrong as FSU was preseason top 3.

• Fire 1

Look at Mechicken's schedule, they have played ONE road game and that was at Rutgers. Mechicken's big win was at home (of course) vs Wisky. A NU win in Madison gives them a better resume than they have. They are way overrated due to the Harbaugh hype. They only play 4 road games all year @ Rutgers, Mechicken State, Iowa and tOSU.

No matter what I expect tOSU to blow them out like they did last year as UM is the paper tiger that everyone in the media thinks we are.

So when we go to Madison and win ugly on Saturday, then what will the "na sayer's" have to say.

A lot of them will probably say something like, "Wow, I didn't think we were going to win, but I was wrong and this is an awesome pleasant surprise!" And there's nothing wrong with that.

Northwestern is awful. Just because they are beating teams in a very down B10 doesn't mean their OOC losses to bad and FCS teams should be ignored.

Oregon is awful this year, too.

Which one's the bad team and which one's the FCS team?