The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

No, we're going to get some perspective and look at Wisconsin's game versus Georgia State...and understand that they aren't Effing barn burners and can be beat. It was 17-13 GA State in the 4th quarter.

Like when 2010 at-one-point-top-5-ranked Nebraska nearly lost to South Dakota State. Or when 2014 Nebraska who spent most of the year in the top 20 was one Ameer Abdullah miracle play away from overtime with McNeese State. Or when #18 (by end of season rankings) Michigan lost to Appalachian State in 2007.

idk how it's some kind of magical revelation that good teams struggle against bad teams sometimes.

Nebraska in 2010 went up 14-0 and never trailed. Are you also arguing that NU in '14 was really good? I agree, but just surprised to hear you advocate that position.

Wisconsin isn't better than NU this year. They are pretty good. By no means are they great.

The talent level is pretty close, but IMO the loss of their leading tackler is what should make the difference. TA is a much more talented QB than anything that Wisky has and as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over, there is no way that NU should lose this game. Stack the line and make them pass. He isn't accurate over 10-15 yards and doesn't have a strong arm by any means. I like how we match up with them at this point in the season. That isn't saying that we can't lose, but I think they need some help from us to win the game.

Let me get this straight, we're going to discount Wisconsin's win against LSU because they were coached by Miles and now, because they have Eddie-O, they're so much better? If that's the case shouldn't we be able to discount Oregon's record since our game due to the fact they are a different team because of all the season ending injuries sustained during our game? Probably not, as that'd be too logical. I really don't understand how you can argue the B1G West is terrible, every division has its bottom dwellers...hell, look at the SEC east.

No, we're going to get some perspective and look at Wisconsin's game versus Georgia State...and understand that they aren't Effing barn burners and can be beat. It was 17-13 GA State in the 4th quarter.

My argument wasn't that Wisconsin isn't beatable. I was arguing the B1G west is better than CM gives them credit for.

Let me get this straight, we're going to discount Wisconsin's win against LSU because they were coached by Miles and now, because they have Eddie-O, they're so much better? If that's the case shouldn't we be able to discount Oregon's record since our game due to the fact they are a different team because of all the season ending injuries sustained during our game? Probably not, as that'd be too logical. I really don't understand how you can argue the B1G West is terrible, every division has its bottom dwellers...hell, look at the SEC east.

My argument wasn't that Wisconsin isn't beatable. I was arguing the B1G west is better than CM gives them credit for.
yep the LSU win is a solid win for Wisconsin and the conference that continues to look better each week.

That win doesn't affect if we can win this week or not, it's just a good win that shows the strength of our conference. I have nebraska winning 27-24 tomorrow

The CM logic:

If Nebraska wins, it's because we are the more talented team (thanks to the previous staffs stellar recruiting).

If we lose it's because the current staff failed to utilize the superior talent. Nevermind the last 2 times we went to Madison we got curb stomped.

• Fire 3

I think the topic title is a fair assessment of the team. Oregon is a dumpster fire, so our marquee win doesn't really mean much. Our best win is probably a Northwestern team that has bounced back after some early losses. None of the national media really respects the team, because as they said, "who have the beat?" Look at the picks thread. By my last count, it was 5 picks for NU to win, vs somewhere over 60 for Wisconsin.

That said, if Nebraska somehow wins in Madison this weekend, that narrative will shift dramatically. Beat the badgers, and all of a sudden next week's game in Columbus is HUGE, and I guarantee Gameday will be there.

Just win baby.

The CM logic:

If Nebraska wins, it's because we are the more talented team (thanks to the previous staffs stellar recruiting).

If we lose it's because the current staff failed to utilize the superior talent. Nevermind the last 2 times we went to Madison we got curb stomped.

You're incredibly sensitive.

You seem to not understand that I blamed the previous staff for the awful losses to wisky too.

That said, this Wisconsin team is not as good as those teams, except maybe the 2012 team. We'll see how the season plays out for them.

• Fire 1

I think the topic title is a fair assessment of the team. Oregon is a dumpster fire, so our marquee win doesn't really mean much. Our best win is probably a Northwestern team that has bounced back after some early losses. None of the national media really respects the team, because as they said, "who have the beat?" Look at the picks thread. By my last count, it was 5 picks for NU to win, vs somewhere over 60 for Wisconsin.

That said, if Nebraska somehow wins in Madison this weekend, that narrative will shift dramatically. Beat the badgers, and all of a sudden next week's game in Columbus is HUGE, and I guarantee Gameday will be there.

Just win baby.

I don't know, they may be down in $EC country as the Bama-LSU game has big implications as of now.

But it's odd to come here and look at this board compared to Wisconsins. They all seem very confident in a win. Fans here seem to be back and forth and even those calling for a win acknowledge we may lose. Not that fan chatter means anything, but I think those Wisky fans better prepare themselves because this game is anything but a sure bet for either squad.

The CM logic:

You seem to not understand that I blamed the previous staff for the awful losses to wisky too.

That said, this Wisconsin team is not as good as those teams, except maybe the 2012 team. We'll see how the season plays out for them.

How was I being sensitive. Was I incorrect in my assumption? You have been saying all season we have better talent than most teams and that losing a game is indicative of poor coaching, not talent gap.

• Fire 1

Just win baby.

I don't know, they may be down in $EC country as the Bama-LSU game has big implications as of now.

But it's odd to come here and look at this board compared to Wisconsins. They all seem very confident in a win. Fans here seem to be back and forth and even those calling for a win acknowledge we may lose. Not that fan chatter means anything, but I think those Wisky fans better prepare themselves because this game is anything but a sure bet for either squad.

They're confident because they should be. The Badgers have owned Nebraska since we joined the league.

• Fire 1

Like when 2010 at-one-point-top-5-ranked Nebraska nearly lost to South Dakota State. Or when 2014 Nebraska who spent most of the year in the top 20 was one Ameer Abdullah miracle play away from overtime with McNeese State. Or when #18 (by end of season rankings) Michigan lost to Appalachian State in 2007.

idk how it's some kind of magical revelation that good teams struggle against bad teams sometimes.

Nebraska in 2010 went up 14-0 and never trailed. Are you also arguing that NU in '14 was really good? I agree, but just surprised to hear you advocate that position.

Wisconsin isn't better than NU this year. They are pretty good. By no means are they great.

Pretty sure I said good. You added in the 'really' modifier, which is so representative of the kind of thing you do when you post.

But let me see if I can follow this..

You think that 2014 Nebraska was really good. That team lost "close" to top 10 Michigan State, got obliterated by top 15 Wisconsin, lost to unranked Minnesota and unranked USC. It's best win on the season was over 7-6 Iowa.

Also

You think that 2016 Wisconsin is pretty good. That team lost by one touchdown to #2 Michigan, and one touchdown to #6 Ohio State in overtime thus far. It's best win on the season thus far is over #19 LSU.

• Fire 3

People are arguing in the thread that Wisconsin's great and that their struggles with mediocre teams aren't indicative of their abilities - that their win over LSU early and their close losses are more telling. That's fine. But my opinion is that their offense is bad. Flat out bad. I think Nebraska could win this game by 2 or 3 TDs.

My broader point is that Wisconsin is a solid team, mainly due to their defense. I wouldn't call them outstanding by any means. That's probably how I'd grade the NU '14 team when we had to piecemeal the season together - that was a year of an insane number of injuries and may have been Bo's overall best coaching job while at NU, but it was a solid team at best.

EDIT: I'm thinking '13 above - '14 was a solid team, especially considering the turmoil and distractions of that season following the first loss to MSU.

This year's Husker team should be both Wisconsin '16 and NU '14.

The CM logic:

How was I being sensitive. Was I incorrect in my assumption? You have been saying all season we have better talent than most teams and that losing a game is indicative of poor coaching, not talent gap.

You're wrong in you're "nevermind."

Any yes, we have more talent than Wisconsin this year. I don't like the recruiting rankings personally, but a lot of people rely on them; have a look back at the average rankings of each team during the past few years.

The CM logic:

You're wrong in you're "nevermind."

Any yes, we have more talent than Wisconsin this year. I don't like the recruiting rankings personally, but a lot of people rely on them; have a look back at the average rankings of each team during the past few years.

Recruiting rankings are one aspect, Player turnover is another. You also have to look at depth at key positions (you can have too much or not enough) and are your best recruits "under" or "upper" classmen.

So using those 4 keys which team is more "talented"?

• Fire 1