Navy beat a vastly more talented ND team

nice...the old transitive game?

Not transitive at all.

The point is, NU will not be as consistently talented across the board as the top 10 to 15 most talented rosters.

So, how do we stay consistently more successful than the other similarly talented programs while also taking a bite out of top 10 talented programs too?

In my opinion, we look at schools like Navy and Briles' Baylor (and Nebraska from the 80s and 90s) and think about modeling our system after theirs. Be hard nosed, be mobile at the QB spot, minimize opponent possessions when necessary, etc.

Stop trashing our players.

You miss the important part of my post - these players are good enough to win if they have proper coaching.

But some of you would rather a frontal assault against Alabama, USC and Ohio St than using an "uncool" system that might actually flank those better situated programs.

No...you said we will never be as talented. You are trashing our players and I want you to stop right now. I'm tired of you trashing our players.

Haha. Good one.

I'm serious. I am sick and tired of you trashing our players.

Oh, I know you're serious.

You're a funny guy.

Oh...so....you are OK with trashing our players.....and coaches. Got it.

you need to lighten up dude. This is big boy football. They know when they sign on the dotted line to play for nebraska that everything that happens on the field is fair game. If they suck, it is not "trashing" to say they suck.

He's busting my chops because I actually find it ridiculous to say our guys suck.

But a reasonable assessment does indicate that the roster is in the 25 +/- 10 spots segment of team talent. That's far from sucking.

It's actually pretty much in line with NU historically, except for a few special alignments.

We have plenty of talent to win.

There is no debate: NU is talented. Very talented.

Ask yourself this: if the coaching staffs traded teams, which would win? Before saying Riley's, consider what Langs would do with Barnett.

If Scott frost was running this roster, we'd have the best offense in the conference. We have so much potential being wasted right now.

No, NU is not "talented". That is very debatable. Outside of Gerry we don't have the speed or athleticism of even Wisconsin.

DPE, newby, gates, Morgan et al say hi.

Weird, I saw multiple times the past few games Gates completely missing blocks. Morgan had how many missed catches? The kind of talent we need makes all those plays.

What about Michael Rose-Ivy missing tackles? Completely whiffed on J. T. Barret when it should have been a sack. These are the kinds of plays great players and great teams make. We simply aren't making them.

Young did a bullfighter too.

two blitzes. Two times getting home. Two opportunities to let the medics sort em out and we ran right by.

Those are the sorts of plays that can change the momentum of the game if the players make the play. When we start making these sorts of plays vs the Michigans and Ohio St's of our world, then we will be competing with the best again. Which is where we all want to be.

nice...the old transitive game?

Not transitive at all.

The point is, NU will not be as consistently talented across the board as the top 10 to 15 most talented rosters.

So, how do we stay consistently more successful than the other similarly talented programs while also taking a bite out of top 10 talented programs too?

In my opinion, we look at schools like Navy and Briles' Baylor (and Nebraska from the 80s and 90s) and think about modeling our system after theirs. Be hard nosed, be mobile at the QB spot, minimize opponent possessions when necessary, etc.

Stop trashing our players.

You miss the important part of my post - these players are good enough to win if they have proper coaching.

But some of you would rather a frontal assault against Alabama, USC and Ohio St than using an "uncool" system that might actually flank those better situated programs.

No...you said we will never be as talented. You are trashing our players and I want you to stop right now. I'm tired of you trashing our players.

Haha. Good one.

I'm serious. I am sick and tired of you trashing our players.

Oh, I know you're serious.

You're a funny guy.

Oh...so....you are OK with trashing our players.....and coaches. Got it.

you need to lighten up dude. This is big boy football. They know when they sign on the dotted line to play for nebraska that everything that happens on the field is fair game. If they suck, it is not "trashing" to say they suck.

That entire exchange had me rolling in laughter. I'm sorry it's intent went over your head because that was some seriously funny sh#t.

• Fire 1

Ask yourself this: if the coaching staffs traded teams, which would win? Before saying Riley's, consider what Langs would do with Barnett.

If Scott frost was running this roster, we'd have the best offense in the conference. We have so much potential being wasted right now.

No, NU is not "talented". That is very debatable. Outside of Gerry we don't have the speed or athleticism of even Wisconsin.

Weird, I saw multiple times the past few games Gates completely missing blocks. Morgan had how many missed catches? The kind of talent we need makes all those plays.

What about Michael Rose-Ivy missing tackles? Completely whiffed on J. T. Barret when it should have been a sack. These are the kinds of plays great players and great teams make. We simply aren't making them.

two blitzes. Two times getting home. Two opportunities to let the medics sort em out and we ran right by.

Those are the sorts of plays that can change the momentum of the game if the players make the play. When we start making these sorts of plays vs the Michigans and Ohio St's of our world, then we will be competing with the best again. Which is where we all want to be.

2 chances to get off the field and force a punt down 7-3.

2 chances to get off the field and force a punt down 7-3.

And people want Banker fired. Banker didn't whiff on those sacks or many, many other tackles.

We aren't where we want to be just yet, but in spite of the last two losses we are making progress.

Bahe just said we looked like a JV team. At least im not the ONLY one.

I'll grant that we look about as well coached and prepared as a JV team.

Why does Cav suck so much at developing talent? Does he need more assistance on the OL?

So...wait a minute....just so I'm clear.

It's OK to trash THIS coaching staff but not OK to say anything bad about the last one.

Just needing to be clear here.

Why does Cav suck so much at developing talent? Does he need more assistance on the OL?

So...wait a minute....just so I'm clear.

It's OK to trash THIS coaching staff but not OK to say anything bad about the last one.

Just needing to be clear here.

You cant do that. You know that this........

is not what he actually said.