Navy beat a vastly more talented ND team

There is no debate: NU is talented. Very talented.

Ask yourself this: if the coaching staffs traded teams, which would win? Before saying Riley's, consider what Langs would do with Barnett.

If Scott frost was running this roster, we'd have the best offense in the conference. We have so much potential being wasted right now.

No, no you wouldn't.

• Fire 4

Ask yourself this: if the coaching staffs traded teams, which would win? Before saying Riley's, consider what Langs would do with Barnett.

If Scott frost was running this roster, we'd have the best offense in the conference. We have so much potential being wasted right now.

No, NU is not "talented". That is very debatable. Outside of Gerry we don't have the speed or athleticism of even Wisconsin.

No, NU is not "talented". That is very debatable. Outside of Gerry we don't have the speed or athleticism of even Wisconsin.

DPE, newby, gates, Morgan et al say hi.

I'm sure Frost would be killing it with this OL. Quit wasting all this talent Danny!

• Fire 2

DPE, newby, gates, Morgan et al say hi.

Weird, I saw multiple times the past few games Gates completely missing blocks. Morgan had how many missed catches? The kind of talent we need makes all those plays.

I'm sure Frost would be killing it with this OL. Quit wasting all this talent Danny!

https://twitter.com/UnCommonSense00/status/795417845899227136

That actually made me laugh it was so bad.

• Fire 1

Every OL misses blocks.

NU message board fans have horrible perspective. I know most people don't watch football other than NU games, and even fewer actually understand the game, but the heaps of unfair and overstated criticism thrown on players never ceases to amaze.

That's the reality of the game today. Every single football player will be criticized not just by message board people but by literally everyone that watches the game. And what the reality is is that Nebraska does NOT have the talent even close to elite level. Those aren't my words those are the words of analysts, talking heads, etc. Why do you continue to talk to everyone here if they're not near as knowledgable as you? People would probably be more inclined to have a constructive conversation with you if you weren't so condescending to people that don't have your same opinion.

• Fire 1

When was the last time that a talking head said "that team is very talented but the coaching sucks."

Hell, they didn't even say that about Miles.

It's always "well, they don't have the talent."

It's a convenient and lazy approach to analysis. But it's also nice for analysts because they, oddly, don't burn bridges that way.

Even with Bo and Frank, no one said "wow, those guys are squandering talent." It was always "they don't recruit well enough."

Farmer was out right? That'd make THREE former/current walkons starting on the OL. Left-Right Gates/Hahn/Utter/Whitaker/Conrad. Hell I had to look Whitaker up because I thought he was a walkon. He got an offer 2 weeks before signing day with his best offer being Nevada. Leads me to believe he was a plan C when we missed some other guys and needed to fill the class.

The original post is garbage, it's true, but we're still chatting it up anyway. Navy is good. I think they had to start a new QB this season but didn't really miss a step from the last one (when they were also a good team). Notre Dame plays these guys every year. This goes back to Navy's support of ND, through some kind of ROTC program, that helped keep the college afloat during what I think were wartime years. Better ND squads than this one have had trouble with the Midshipmen. You really have to keep pace with them if you're lucky enough to get a lead. They're a big defensive challenge for pretty much any team.