Knapp's one post points out that the Japanese had no problem killing way more civilians than Either bomb killed and were prepared to kill more with no second thought.

I have never had any sympathy for either German or Japanese civilians who were affected by the war. None. Zip.

They supported the slaughter of millions of innocent people.

It had to be stopped.

We got scoreboard!!! And the world is a better place.

This part of your statement is invalid. I had family trapped behind the wall in East Berlin. They did everything they could to get out.

The wall didn't go up till after what we are talking about happened.

True, but by the time my family realized what was truly happening, it was to late.

They weren't aware of the atrocities the Government was actually committing.

You can't just simply lump all the citizen into one category. You just can't.

• Fire 1

Knapp's one post points out that the Japanese had no problem killing way more civilians than Either bomb killed and were prepared to kill more with no second thought.

I have never had any sympathy for either German or Japanese civilians who were affected by the war. None. Zip.

They supported the slaughter of millions of innocent people.

It had to be stopped.

We got scoreboard!!! And the world is a better place.

This part of your statement is invalid. I had family trapped behind the wall in East Berlin. They did everything they could to get out.
The wall didn't go up till after what we are talking about happened.

True, but by the time my family realized what was truly happening, it was to late.

They weren't aware of the atrocities the Government was actually committing.

You can't just simply lump all the citizen into one category. You just can't.

I had family still there too. Still do.

Many German citizens didn't know about the ovens and showers in the concentration camps.

But....the vast majority knew Jews were being rounded up and put in camps. They knew their government was blaming Jews for all their problems and that's why were in the camps. They knew their country was invading other countries and rounding up the Jews their too.

They were sending their men off to fight in this war.

Your family and my family would have had to have been the most uninformed blind citizen to not know their government was doing very bad things.....even before they knew about the ovens.

While we can debate the war today by whatever sources or mores we choose, but the best thing about WWII is today's outcome: Germany, Japan & the United States are close allies. As weird as that would be for our grandparents, it's our reality.

I'm pretty happy about that. It's a better outcome than anyone would have believed on this date, 75 years ago.

• Fire 2