Is The Big Red Loaded at LB and OLB?

Welcome aboard! :horns2

As far as I'm concerned...yea, we're loaded. As far as I'm concerned...10? I say 11. But at this point in the year my opinion doesn't matter for much. I'm way way way too optimistic around this time because of the draft.

Im not going to predict the amount of wins. We have a very good team in Lincoln this year. The sky is the limit.

Its hard to look at this group of LB s and not get excited. I hope our secondary plays tight.

The secondary is really the biggest question mark we have on defense. On offense I hope to see improved o-line play (I am reasonably sure we will) and an end to the disturbing trend of WR's dropping catchable balls (this might still be a problem).

also would love to see a Receiving threat at TE! that could blow this offense wide open... again it comes back to the o-line, we dont want to have to use our TE for blocking every play so he can help open the field up...

oh yeah... almost forgot about the LB's! Yes we are stacked, we will be fresh and fast all game long.... and i think the biggest difference is the SWAGGER... these guys got that swagger back, which helps keep everyone else goin.

also would love to see a Receiving threat at TE! that could blow this offense wide open... again it comes back to the o-line, we dont want to have to use our TE for blocking every play so he can help open the field up...

oh yeah... almost forgot about the LB's! Yes we are stacked, we will be fresh and fast all game long.... and i think the biggest difference is the SWAGGER... these guys got that swagger back, which helps keep everyone else goin.

Are we forgetting about Herian?

I would prefer them to have a work horse IB. Greatest RB of all time have been guys who get stronger as the game goes on. More carries they get the stronger they get.

Barry Sanders?

For RB, I really wouldn't mind seeing Lucky/Glenn share some carries. Keep defenses off balance, like USC did w/Thunder and Lightning, or Auburn w/Cadillac and Brown.

I've also talked to a few people that know Kenny Wilson and said he will definitely be a factor at RB when he gets here. On film he is a solid run blocker and he's really strong and really fast as well.

Are we forgetting about Herian?

Certainly not... but we havn't seen him play a real game for a long time, and i dont see Mueller as the same receiving threat as Herian ONCE was, im not saying he wont be as good or better than he was.....but with mueller if he can catch thats great but herian had some wheels, makes it a lot easier to spread that Defense out when they have to worry about that deep ball down the middle. Of course its all speculation so we shall see how it unfolds. dedhoarse

I think there is one thing that is a threat though... our solid LB corps should be a threat to pretty much everyone we play.... Octavien at full speed colliding with a 6'3" 180lb WR coming through the middle, let me rephrase... Octavien RUNNING THROUGH a 6'3" 180 lb WR coming through the middle... :restore2