25 best coaching jobs in college football

Frostberg

This list is lol worthy.

Clemson is not the #3 job in the country. UF and UGA and much higher than 10 and 11. And no way is Oklahoma higher than Texas.

MSU and TCU aren't in the top 20 either.

Have to disagree with you here. True college town. Clemson is the only thing in town. Beautiful campus with a new state of the art football facility. National champions, played for the MNC last year. Recruiting hotbed and they are winners.

I would put Alabama, USC, Ohio State and Texas above Clemson. I'd even consider LSU.

That's my problem with this list. It seems they put a lot of weight on who is good right now, and they seem to treat it as the single-greatest contributing factor. It certainly matters. But, Clemson isn't even a national brand like half the teams on that list yet somehow they're a better 'job' than Texas AND USC? Pretty laughable.

They also may be the biggest thing in town but they're not even the biggest university in the state - South Carolina takes that crown by a substantial margin.

It's fine that you have a different metric, but personally, I don't think yours makes much sense.

Would you rather have a job with less pressure/stress, in a better town/state, but still a very high level of resources? Or would you rather have the worst pressure-cooker job possible in an awful place to live even though you would have the chance be the best and have the best if you're really good?

If I was a college football coach I would take the Clemson job over the Bama job any day, but especially right now.

In my opinion, college coaches are competitive. Look look no further than our own head coach who left a job he probably could've ridden until retirement for a much higher stakes, much better resourced one.

Your analysis also suggests places like Austin, Tuscaloosa and south L.A. are awful places to live - not sure I'd agree with that or that a lot of coaches really care where they live if the job/money is good. Naturally, that's down to preference. But I'd also argue your viewpoint is a bit of a minority because I doubt many people would place Clemson above Alabama on their list of best jobs.

• Fire 1

As has been said many times, this list is the least credible list I can imagine. Clearly made using some arbitrary mixture of recent success and proximity to talent. Reality is there is much more to it than that. Things like resources, facilities, pay, consistency, fan support, tradition, and culture. Nebraska is top 10 in every single one of those categories.

• Fire 1