Toshiba On Its Way Out?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-11/toshiba-reports-earnings-without-auditor-s-approval-after-delays

"Toshiba Corp., the 142-year-old conglomerate, warned on Tuesday it may not be able to continue as a going concern as it grapples with billions of dollars in losses from its Westinghouse Electric nuclear business.

The disclosure came as the Japanese company reported earnings for the third quarter after missing two previous deadlines for financial results. Toshiba posted an operating loss of 576.3 billion yen ($5.2 billion) for the nine months ended Dec. 31 and said it had negative shareholders equity of 225.6 billion yen, but, significantly, it wasn’t able to get auditor PricewaterhouseCoopers Aarata to approve those figures."

• Fire 1

It doesn't help that some of Toshiba's products are mostly garbage.

e

I received a Toshiba laptop for a birthday gift like a year and a half ago, and I've already had to replace the hard-drivree.

Counterpoint, I had to panic buy a Toshiba Satellite in 2013 for maybe $200. It's still running just fine. In fact since I upgraded to Windows 10 it is faster than any $$ desktop I have over owned.

It doesn't help that some of Toshiba's products are mostly garbage.

e

I received a Toshiba laptop for a birthday gift like a year and a half ago, and I've already had to replace the hard-drivree.

Counterpoint, I had to panic buy a Toshiba Satellite in 2013 for maybe $200. It's still running just fine. In fact since I upgraded to Windows 10 it is faster than any $$ desktop I have over owned.

My Toshiba's been going strong for 5 years now.