Jeff Souder shot in North O

My question is WTF was he doing in North O??? I was born and raised in Bellevue. I haven't been back to Omaha in years but I knew as a kid that is one friggen place you DID NOT go up too! As a white kid you stood out like a turd in a punch bowl up there! I hope both of those kids are ok!

Maybe they were lost :sarcasm:lol:

I lost one of my best friends in high school in north Omaha. I agree as a white kid you DO NOT go there. It makes no difference what your beliefs are concidering racisim. You can go to the zoo in the day and get out, Period. This is really too bad. North Omaha is full of drugs and bad situations. This is something I am very sad to hear. I hope he is ok. :(

I lost one of my best friends in high school in north Omaha. I agree as a white kid you DO NOT go there. It makes no difference what your beliefs are concidering racisim. You can go to the zoo in the day and get out, Period. This is really too bad. North Omaha is full of drugs and bad situations. This is something I am very sad to hear. I hope he is ok. :(

Yea. One step north of Dodge Street and you are met with a barrage of gunfire, syringes and shoes hanging from power lines. <_<

It's really no different than South O, or really any part of a metropolitan city.

I went to college in Omaha. Durring the first two weeks, a few friends and my self were out ridding around in one of their cars. They were showing me a round. I was lost most of the time durring the drive anyhow. We were pulled over by the police and they called in backup units and held guns on us untill they got us out of the car. Then they emediately put the guns away, asked us what we thought we were doing in N. Omaha after dark. At that point they told us to get out of N. O. and do not come back. They acted as if we were crazy for being there. I never spent time in N. O. again after dark. I have had one friend shot and killed there and another shot and lived. Two different shootings. I've never had any other friends shot in the state of Nebraska. That being said, I'm going to say N. O. is much different than other parts of Omaha. Down town can get rough to. I lived there durring college and went to college in South Omaha. My opinion is N.O. is much different.

Note to self......Stay the hell out of N. Omaha.

that would be your best bet, i just moved from there after living there for years, let me tell you that i've seen some crazy sh*t! Thank god i'm now toward downtown, it's a little bit better. i think the only thing that saved me was i grew up in that area and i knew people, surprising enough i'm white, i listen to metal, etc, and i lived. People say Nebraska is full of corn fields and we're a redneck state (atleast, when people ask where i'm from/live and i say omaha, ne they automatically say "do you have corn fields in your back yard), well i'd like to see them go to north omaha and say that, their opinion would change very quickly. Omaha (North, some of south) is like the underground ghetto that people have to experience to believe. I read something a couple of years back that Omaha has one of the highest violent crime rates in america, and a few weeks ago i read that our murder rate is way above national average. that's just some insight from a normal white dude to all the people with "redneck views" on Nebraska.

Back to the reason i replied, yes everyone should stay the hell out of N. Omaha if you have the luck to choose, but don't get me wrong, i love omaha and would never consider moving elsewhere, it's a big city (population and sq. mile wise), a lot bigger then most people even realize. Sorry for such the long post, i just love having the conversation about the "big" O!

My father had a saying when I was growing up......"Nothing good ever happens after 2 am".

That was his way of explaining why I needed to be home before then when I wanted to stay out later.

If you look at the times that this happened and the time that the USC basketball player got shot.

Dont get me wrong, when I was that age I stayed out all night at times but I grew up in a town of 20,000 not Omaha or New Orleans.

I hope that Jeff and his friend will be ok