Basketball Transfer

Members involved with husker basketball in any way at all are leaving left and right...this is the result of Pederson not canning Collier as he should have. This is getting out of hand and it needs to stop somewhere because it is only going to get worse...bottom line is Collier is dragging us down with him. Sad but true.

Members involved with husker basketball in any way at all are leaving left and right...this is the result of Pederson not canning Collier as he should have. This is getting out of hand and it needs to stop somewhere because it is only going to get worse...bottom line is Collier is dragging us down with him. Sad but true.

I was about to post something like this. I am not one to bash any of the coaches or AD's, but this seems completely crazy that Steve P. has kept Collier around. Coaches leaving, no other coaches not wanting to come in, players leaving the team.....Just blows my mind! Wish i knew what was going through the minds of the people making these decisions to keep Collier around.

I was about to post something like this. I am not one to bash any of the coaches or AD's, but this seems completely crazy that Steve P. has kept Collier around. Coaches leaving, no other coaches not wanting to come in, players leaving the team.....Just blows my mind! Wish i knew what was going through the minds of the people making these decisions to keep Collier around.

Hey, I'll do the bashing for you. I think I posted this a about 6-7 months ago that we had to get rid of Collier earlier in order to go after a big name coach, i.e. Bob Huggins. I know the guy has had personal issues but the bottom line is he gets wins. Now once again we'll be in the bottom 4 of the Big XII.

any word on Marcus Walker since we have a new commit at point ?

NU grants point guard Walker's release

Any Husker basketball player want to wear No. 10? It’s available now with the official departure of point guard Marcus Walker.

Head coach Barry Collier said Wednesday night that Walker, a sophomore, requested and received his release.

“We wish him well,” Collier said.

Walker could not be reached Wednesday at his home in Kansas City, Mo., but his father recently told The Kansas City Star that Walker wanted to play in a more up-tempo system.

Walker played in 33 games as a freshman. He made 12 starts and averaged 17.7 minutes and 5.6 points per game. He had 74 assists and 72 turnovers.

Walker was a backup to starting point guard Charles Richardson, now a senior. Sophomore Jamel White is also in the mix at the position, along with newcomer Jay-R Strowbridge, a guard from Sparkman High (Ala.) who is expected to sign with the Huskers this week.

There had been some speculation about White’s plans to return to the team, but Collier said the guard from Brooklyn, N.Y., was in school and ready to go for the 2006-07 season.

Collier said another addition at guard — Roburt Sallie — is in Lincoln but will have to wait to enroll in summer classes. There are some transcript issues that need to be resolved with Sallie’s prep school — The Patterson School in North Carolina.

“He’s not in this (summer school) session,” Collier said. “He’s trying to get some final paperwork.”

Collier said he’s been in touch with junior forward Aleks Maric but had no news on whether Maric still planned to keep his name on the eligibility list for the NBA Draft. Maric has until June 18 to withdraw.

Hey, I'll do the bashing for you. I think I posted this a about 6-7 months ago that we had to get rid of Collier earlier in order to go after a big name coach, i.e. Bob Huggins. I know the guy has had personal issues but the bottom line is he gets wins. Now once again we'll be in the bottom 4 of the Big XII.

I said the same thing about Bob Huggins when he was out there. To late now. How about Paul Westfall, or Wesfall or how ever you spell it.

GBR!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a Italian fan of Nebraska Huskers. I became a Husker's fan after the match against the Oklahoma Sooners (at the Devaney Center, in the regular season).

What do you think about Jamel White? Someone wants to speak me about the team, the Devaney Center, the crowd ecc...????

thanks for all

go huskers

Hi, I'm a Italian fan of Nebraska Huskers. I became a Husker's fan after the match against the Oklahoma Sooners (at the Devaney Center, in the regular season).

What do you think about Jamel White? Someone wants to speak me about the team, the Devaney Center, the crowd ecc...????

thanks for all

go huskers

First, welcome good to have you here...

About Jamel...he was a great guy to have running up and down the court last season as he was needed for immediate help after McCray got booted. He can do everything needed out of him in passing, dribbling, shooting, guarding etc. He has all conference talent...GOOD shooter.