Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

The old version of the board would often start at the newest unread post but then scroll back up due to images continuing to be loaded, especially twitter links. It was really annoying especially the recruiting threads would require me to scroll back down to find the next post. This upgrade fixed that issue and now my page stays on the newest unread post. Thanks!

• Plus1 3
Just now, RedDenver said:

The old version of the board would often start at the newest unread post but then scroll back up due to images continuing to be loaded, especially twitter links. It was really annoying especially the recruiting threads would require me to scroll back down to find the next post. This upgrade fixed that issue and now my page stays on the newest unread post. Thanks!

That was a huge pet peeve with the old board. You'd have to wait until everything loaded, select the address bar then hit enter to get to the post you wanted in the first place. This is MUCH better/faster.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That was a huge pet peeve with the old board. You'd have to wait until everything loaded, select the address bar then hit enter to get to the post you wanted in the first place. This is MUCH better/faster.

Dammit!! I didn't know that trick with the address bar and hit enter! Like an idiot, I've been scrolling back down with my mouse/keyboard this whole time.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I may have missed the answer, but is there a way to get to a "status" page or otherwise see more status updates than just the main page shows?

FYI, if you go to Unread Content on the main page and then select Status Updates from the Content Type dropdown, it's very similar to the old status page.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Could you guys make the About Me section the default view when you go to someone's profile?  That would be preferable to seeing their content. 

I'm a bit stumped by this.  Does it show up the same when you look at different User's Profiles?  It seems to be showing up differently for different Users but I can't find the pattern, let alone any setting.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Interesting feature from (I presume) the Leaderboard function of the new site.  If you go to Mav's profile, he got an award for "Winning the day" yesterday with the most liked content. 

amhmoEJ.png

Previous days are filling in as the database is rebuilt in the background.  So others are showing up with something similar.