Pick your team

Frost

Green

Westerkamp

Solich

I'd take this lineup with four bucks to spare. I'm surprised Frost and Green come this cheap. Frost was the first NU QB to put up a 1000/1000 season. He was also the most physically abusing QB of the bunch. Green finished his last season with Nebraska posting almost identical numbers to Ricky Williams who came in fifth in the Heisman voting. Had he came back for his final year, he may very well have beat out Williams for the Heisman. Westerkamp had the best hands of the bunch of the receivers. He didn't have the speed of the others, but speed does little when you drop the ball. For the money, the 99' defense was the best bargain. It might not have been quite as good as the 95' defense, but it was arguably a better value. This is pretty much the same line of thinking in taking Solich. While he wasn't quite the coach of TO, he was arguably a better value. If you take TO's first six years and compare them to the six years Solich was coach, they're very similar. Solich posted a 75.3 percent winning percentage which is the exact same as TO posted his first six years. In their six years as coach, Solich finished one of those years at season's end #3 in the AP while TO's highest season's end AP ranking was #7. The coaching for me was the most difficult because of what each inherited. Devaney inherited a mess and Pelini inherited a mess. It's difficult to compare a coach who inherited a mess to those like TO and Solich that inherited a champion. Riley to some degree also inherited a mess, but he just hasn't been here long enough to give much consideration. I'm glad he's our coach now, but I can't put him in charge of my all time team just yet.

$3 Gill

$2 Green (a bargin imo but we're stacked at this position)

$4 Westy - had trouble with this one, could have saved money and got Bell but Westy just seemed tougher even though they both had injury problems

$1 1999 had to skimp somewhere

$5 Had to have Oz, and make room for the rest.

This is brilliant, the money really makes it challenging, I had to think on this for awhile.

• Fire 1