Harrison Becks Helmet

My thought's are that I'll never get back the 30 seconds of my life it took to read and reply to the post.

Why even waste the time then?????????????

It is just the revolutionary helmet style. Peyton Manning looks like a goof in his helmet as well....but then again, he looks like a goof in any style of helmet IMO.

have you ever noticed the size of his mellon? when he is on the sideline and he is wearing a hat it looks like it is stretched to the limit and extra fabric had to be sewn on.

its hugh.

:yeah Didn't really require balls posting it. After all I like Harrison and I believe he is going to do very good things for us in the future. Just thought I would try and make small talk. :cheers

let me clarify, i mean it took balls to post it, cuz i thought i was the only one that it bothered, and everyone didn't really notice. I think it's cuz the face mask sits/starts so low on that damn thing.

Any studies out there stating that the new helmets are safer? <_<

I hope Beck can one day put up Peyton type numbers!

If I'm remembering correctly, the makers claimed they were safer - less chance of concussions. But there were no studies to back it up - which was odd, since you could at least test them to see at what point they shatter, etc. Hard to prove they they reduce concussions unless you require every player to wear them for a period of, say, five years, and then compare the numbers. And that would require that there are no rule changes that further restrict head shots.

They are lighter by a few ounces.

say the helmets do what they say and do prevent concussions, what would y'all rather have in the coming years:

Harrison Beck on the field with a goofy lookin' helmet

or

Harrison Beck sitting on the sideline with a team doctor asking him if he knows his name and if he knows what town he's in.

The old Snickers "I am Batman!" commercials come to mind. now THAT guy wasn't wearing a Revolution helmet and look what happend to him. :smokin