What does the board think of the Five Dollar Bits of Broken Chair rivalry trophy with Minnesota

What does the board think of the Five Dollar Bits of Broken Chair rivalry Trophy between Minnesota and Nebraska?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I'd suggest making it more painful than that--make it so any references to NU have to be pulled out the loser's next Media Guides until they play again. 

Let's do it!

1 minute ago, Branno said:

This is just as dumb as the Heroes Trophy.

False. Nebraska is the real NU.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Image result for nebraska helmets Image result for northwestern helmets

Explain.

Might as well be the battle of N...

nebraskaauthenticriddell.jpg.cf372bad50609b3df8d097d054f91fb8.jpgnorthwestern_helmet1.jpg.3aa42db5b8b4ae20df8538e78939b861.jpg

The Broken Chair is interesting. NU ends up as an argument in semantics. The only people that even talk about NU v NU are message board posters, and barely at that. It MIGHT have had a chance if this rivalry started 100 years ago, but now it's about BRANDING and not pride. It's contrived, boring, and forced. To me, there is no difference between the "Battle for NU" and the Heroes Trophy.

The Broken Chair has captured our interests organically, as all good rivalry trophies do. We talk about this thing a lot. Don't like Pelini? I don't care, it's not about him. It's about Nebraska v Minnesota fighting over a few pieces of broken wood. To me, that's a hell of a trohpy.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Branno said:

Might as well be the battle of N...

nebraskaauthenticriddell.jpg.cf372bad50609b3df8d097d054f91fb8.jpgnorthwestern_helmet1.jpg.3aa42db5b8b4ae20df8538e78939b861.jpg

The Broken Chair is interesting. NU ends up as an argument in semantics. The only people that even talk about NU v NU are message board posters, and barely at that. It MIGHT have had a chance if this rivalry started 100 years ago, but now it's about BRANDING and not pride. It's contrived, boring, and forced. To me, there is no difference between the "Battle for NU" and the Heroes Trophy.

The Broken Chair has captured our interests organically, as all good rivalry trophies do. We talk about this thing a lot. Don't like Pelini? I don't care, it's not about him. It's about Nebraska v Minnesota fighting over a few pieces of broken wood. To me, that's a hell of a trohpy.

If it's embraced, it could be one of the best damn rivalry trophies in all of CFB in 50 years.