Early signing period

That's why I think the quicker we move, the better off we are. Having a lame duck coaching staff recruiting isn't going to do any good. Obviously, it's a tricky situation. Do you hire someone like Les Miles or Chip Kelly, or hope your guy will be able to salvage the class' early enrollees in a short period toward the end of the season.

If you get an NFL guy, you're obviously S.O.L. for the December period. Which means adios Bookie.

Honestly, Les Miles may be the best option if you're hoping to keep/recruit early enrollees or others signing in December.

I think it's better to get the absolute right guy though. If that's Miles, get him ASAP. But it's worth the wait to get the right guy, whoever it may be.

4 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

That's why I think the quicker we move, the better off we are. Having a lame duck coaching staff recruiting isn't going to do any good. Obviously, it's a tricky situation. Do you hire someone like Les Miles or Chip Kelly, or hope your guy will be able to salvage the class' early enrollees in a short period toward the end of the season.

If you get an NFL guy, you're obviously S.O.L. for the December period. Which means adios Bookie.

Honestly, Les Miles may be the best option if you're hoping to keep/recruit early enrollees or others signing in December.

I think it's better to get the absolute right guy though. If that's Miles, get him ASAP. But it's worth the wait to get the right guy, whoever it may be.

I think if we fire riley, bookie is gone regardless. It sounds like that is the main reason he chose us is his relationship with the coaches

5 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Bookie?? you really think he's still coming here?

Even without this mess I think he was never coming here based on his actions

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

Bookie?? you really think he's still coming here?

Even without this mess I think he was never coming here based on his actions

If you'll recall, in the Bookie thread, I said if Riley is gone, so is Bookie.

Although, it's not inconceivable to think a proven coach can keep him on-board. If there's not a coach in place before the December period though, then it's absolutely inconceivable.

6 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

If you'll recall, in the Bookie thread, I said if Riley is gone, so is Bookie.

Although, it's not inconceivable to think a proven coach can keep him on-board. If there's not a coach in place before the December period though, then it's absolutely inconceivable.

6 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I wasn't here then sorry- although from my point of view he wasn't coming anyway, but that was just my opinion so I could have been wrong, right?