Before the season

6 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

The "9 wins" mantra has now been replaced with the ".500 career" mantra.  Neither is wrong, but they sure get tiresome.

We are a brainwashed society, trained in hoop jumping. I don't find it as tiresome as I do limiting. I go on big breaks from posting only to come back and post the same thing, because it just can't bust through these sorts of buzzwords. 

That's all for another time and place. It's a huge game. Winner takes control of the West.

We do control our destiny.  That is a fact.  Everything else is up for debate.  Riley's record would suggest that we beat someone (Ohio ST, Wisky, or Penn ST) and  then lose to Purdue and Minnesota.  Ok, got that once again out there.  Now, looking at each team left on our schedule, we have played the easiest schedule so far and have 2 losses already.   I have a feeling that the Iowa game will decide whether we are 6-6 or 7-5.

The most important stretch of the season is :  Purdue, Northwestern, and Minnesota.  If we are improving, we win those 3 games.  But still, 7-5 record is tops in my book.

16 hours ago, dtbugeater said:

I am no Riley apologist, I wanted him fired Last year. 

However, no one picked Nebraska to win all 3 of the next games. Before you get out your pitch forks and torches you have to be pretty ok with Riley if he goes 1-2 over the next 3, right?  Not thrilled, but certainly not disappointed?  

No

8 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

We do control our destiny.  That is a fact.  Everything else is up for debate.  Riley's record would suggest that we beat someone (Ohio ST, Wisky, or Penn ST) and  then lose to Purdue and Minnesota.  Ok, got that once again out there.  Now, looking at each team left on our schedule, we have played the easiest schedule so far and have 2 losses already.   I have a feeling that the Iowa game will decide whether we are 6-6 or 7-5.

The most important stretch of the season is :  Purdue, Northwestern, and Minnesota.  If we are improving, we win those 3 games.  But still, 7-5 record is tops in my book.

If you look at the ESPN Predictor, the Huskers are underdogs in every remaining game except Purdue, and that's only a 52.2% Husker advantage.