Gates Sr Jr

Knevel Sr

Conrad Jr - possibly but mostly been on the interior this year

Gaylord So

Jaimes Fr

Sichterman RFr

Walker RFr - I think he's an interior guy

Generally not great.

I haven't seen any clarification on that Farniok tweet.  I know he took some reps at guard earlier in the year.  And there were rumblings when he was in HS that he'd probably end up inside.

I hope Tre gets his medical redshirt approved. Man, we've had a lot of injuries this year. Love that Gifford kid.  He's got that Husker swagger that I hope he continues to spread around to others on the team.  I sure do miss  that Husker swag.  That toughness that made other teams dread playing you because they knew in advance that we would destroy them. 

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Generally not great.

I haven't seen any clarification on that Farniok tweet.  I know he took some reps at guard earlier in the year.  And there were rumblings when he was in HS that he'd probably end up inside.

Thanks.

Gates is starting to hit the "Jamal Turner category" to me, aka guys who feel like they were at NU for 7 years.

I don't know why I listed Conrad, must be b/c he played at OT for a bit last year.  For some reason I thought he was Knevel's backup this year, but that was Farniok.

I would think with Walker's frame (6'8") he would have OT written all over him, unless he doesn't have the feet.

Edited by Red Five
44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thanks.

Gates is starting to hit the "Jamal Turner category" to me, aka guys who feel like they were at NU for 7 years.

I don't know why I listed Conrad, must be b/c he played at OT for a bit last year.  For some reason I thought he was Knevel's backup this year, but that was Farniok.

I would think with Walker's frame (6'8") he would have OT written all over him, unless he doesn't have the feet.

Yeah, Conrad had been playing RT last year and I think to start out this year (maybe just in Spring ball?) but has been inside for awhile now.

You might be right on Walker.  For some reason I had him as an inside gut but I didn't remember him being that tall.  That height would be more like the size of a tackle.

Looking through Walker's recruiting profile, I had noted that it "sounded like" we were taking him as a tackle for the time being but thought there was a decent chance he gets moved inside down the line.  

Of course, he was listed at 6-6 at the time.  If he's grown a couple more inches that could change things.