In-State Talent

Zaimejs

I saw that we just signed a sophomore from Bellevue to play at Nebraska in 2020. It made me wonder... are we missing in-state talent? I wasn't sure if there was a way to track it, but are there players from Nebraska schools playing in D1 who are playing great for some other teams? Or do we just not have much of a pool?

I am guessing someone here knows and pays attention!

This has been hashed out many a time and may belong in the recruiting forum. That said we get the best talent the state has to offer for the most part losing a guy here or there to power 5 programs but mostly that is because we are already full at a position. Very rarely have we straight up lost out on good in state talent (Noah Fant is an example) 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This has been hashed out many a time and may belong in the recruiting forum. That said we get the best talent the state has to offer for the most part losing a guy here or there to power 5 programs but mostly that is because we are already full at a position. Very rarely have we straight up lost out on good in state talent (Noah Fant is an example) 

+1 to you.  @Zaimejs it's a fair question.  The recruiting forum has a quite a few threads dedicated to your topic with some good insight.