Previous assistant questions

Maybe there is a list, or it has been asked before, but is there a list of Previous assistants under HCMR specifically, but even Bo, that have went elsewhere and had good success, or came here having previous success.  I was trying to gauge if the bigger problem came from having assistants that didn't fit, or if the HC was the bigger issue.

Based on what I know, I'd say the HC is the bigger issue, but some blame should be put on assistants. 

The question comes originates with what I thought were great hires of the Williams'. I haven't seen the strides with our CB's and receivers as I thought I would.

• Plus1 1

The easiest way (although time consuming) would be to go to the university website and check out the coaching staffs each year.  You'll be able to check their bios of what they did prior to Nebraska.  To my knowledge with Riley's staff Brian Stewart is now at Rice, Hank Hughes appears to be at Davidson and Bruce Read appears to be working in the CFL (this was per Google searches).

Riley has had Langsdorf and Banker with him basically his whole career in regards to coordinators. Brennan who was WR coach at OR St is 1-8 as HC at San Jose St. Otherwise he brought who he wanted with to Nebraska: Banker, Read, Thompson, Cavanaugh, and Bray. 

From Bo, Shawn Watson had a few good years as OC at Louisville, now at Pitt doing okay. Tim Beck did a little OC work at Ohio St with Herman and is now with him at Texas, not looking the best now. Papuchis is DC at NC right now and they're 1-8. Ekeler is also at NC as a LB coach. B Cotton is at UNLV as OC and they're 3-5. Ted Gilmore doing alright as WR coach at Wisconsin. Brian Stewart is DC at Rice and they are 1-7.