What is a well coached team in BM's eyes?

Hilltop

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yep!

Fans literally had to invent the idea of "toxins" when they saw how poor of a job MR was doing...SE had to be fired and it turns out the only thing toxic was the athletic department.   

The Excuse Train rolled in full-steam ahead when MR was losing in 2015, and it continued into 2017.  Eventually Eichorst and Riley have shown that they just aren't very good at their jobs.  If Moos isn't good at his job, people will call him out, as well.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Excuse Train rolled in full-steam ahead when MR was losing in 2015, and it continued into 2017.  Eventually Eichorst and Riley have shown that they just aren't very good at their jobs.  If Moos isn't good at his job, people will call him out, as well.

I mean yes and no. It depends on how much some of the things being said are accurate. Have you ever had a micromanaging boss who told you to do things a specific way instead of the way you know works? It sucks and the vast majority of people won't do as good a job. 

Now if the tackling stuff wasn't true, and the bobby d hire stuff isn't true...there's a whole different story. That is to say, we do not know the constraints of the job HCMR had. Even I might be able to beat Usain Bolt in a race if he's in a sack race and I have a bicycle...powered by jets...on a good day. 

17 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

I mean yes and no. It depends on how much some of the things being said are accurate. Have you ever had a micromanaging boss who told you to do things a specific way instead of the way you know works? It sucks and the vast majority of people won't do as good a job. 

Now if the tackling stuff wasn't true, and the bobby d hire stuff isn't true...there's a whole different story. That is to say, we do not know the constraints of the job HCMR had. Even I might be able to beat Usain Bolt in a race if he's in a sack race and I have a bicycle...powered by jets...on a good day. 

I just shivered!  My last boss...she would not let us grow facial hair!

22 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I thought this description sounded pretty good to me...  I like BM more and more every day.

From the Omaha World Herald... https://twitter.com/OWHbigred

Here is Bill Moos's response when asked what a well coached team looks like- "They're disciplined, they play with passion, they have focus, they're in excellent shape, they're disciplined in their lives in all aspects — not just in the field of play, but in the classroom and in the community," Moos said. "They are good teammates, they are leaders, they care about how they are perceived, how they look, how they dress, how they talk. All those things add up to the ingredients of a successful program. 

"And good solid football programs produce good teams. The team is different every year. It has a different makeup. But if the program is solid in the ways I just mentioned, the teams will be competitive year in, year out."

Disciplined, B+ , passion, D , focus, D , shape, C-, off field, A , good kids A

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

I think it really is relative to the hire. Let’s face it probably 50 % of this fan base never wanted anything to do with Riley. It was a total WTF hire. He was doomed unless he got out of the gate fast. 

Now take a Frost hire. Aside from a very small amount of clearly deranged people who actually still think Riley should coach this team, the overwhelming majority of the fan base supports this hire. He will absolutely get more slack and more time. He will be seen as cleaning up “Riley’s mess”. I’m not saying he will be immune to it, but it will be nothing close to the speed and viciousness with which people turned on Riley because they never wanted him. 

50% might be low. 90% like the guy, 25% actually believed he would do well.  Frost is 90%, 90% and 75%.