Nebrasketball Game #14- Delaware State (Friday, December 22- 7:00pm- BTN2Go)

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/12/21/16805758/nebraska-basketball-delaware-state-preview

The current season isn’t going much better than the last one for the Hornets. They currently have two wins over Division III Carin and Division II Georgian Court. Neither of which put up much of a fight.

If there is one thing to doing these previews, is that you realize how many random colleges there are in this country. I had to dig for Georgian Court. 

Their RPI is currently 350 out 351. Beating out only Cal State Northridge in all of the Division I basketball programs. I would expect they will pull off a few wins once conference starts. That’s roughly what they did last year and with the bottom of the conference looking just as bad, it should help the Hornets out. 

If Nebraska loses to the Hornets, it will be bad. Very very bad. 

They are lead by Somon Oklue who is averaging 10.2 ppg and 6.5 rpg. He is a 6’10” forward from Nigeria. He’s a decent presence in the middle that can cause problems for teams. He recently had a nice game against ACC member Pitt where he put up 12 points and pulled down 12 rebounds in the 74-68 loss. 

Artem Tavakalyan is another forward who has done well for the Hornets this season. The 6’6” senior from Russia who is averaging 9.9 pgg and 5 rpg. Nothing that the Huskers will have too much trouble with but a player they will have to keep in check none the less. 

Edited by seaofred92
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

The game is such a mismatch I can't even find a line on it.  Huskers should win by 30+.

Weird that this and the next are must wins, but this team needs to avoid the catastrophic loss to no name teams this year if they want a shot at some post season. Cannot afford to slip up in either of these next two like they have against similar teams in years past.

Edited by spurs1990