CFN: 2018 Spring Rankings And Lookaheads

I was sunshine pumping about two months ago. I believe Nebraska quietly became the fastest team on offense in the BIG overnight. Nobody in our conference has the plethora of speed we have. Mix that in with our new TE's who will be fast for the position, and playing style. J.D., Tyjon, Mike Williams, Jaron Woodyard (4.2 potential), Bell, Miles Jones, and Maurice Washington can take it to the house on any given play. That is a lot of guys. Most teams only have one or two at the most. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I was sunshine pumping about two months ago. I believe Nebraska quietly became the fastest team on offense in the BIG overnight. Nobody in our conference has the plethora of speed we have. Mix that in with our new TE's who will be fast for the position, and playing style. J.D., Tyjon, Mike Williams, Jaron Woodyard (4.2 potential), Bell, Miles Jones, and Maurice Washington can take it to the house on any given play. That is a lot of guys. Most teams only have one or two at the most. 

I think we'll be pretty good, but I don't know about the bolded. 

Division? probably    Conference? doubtful

I still think Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State have plenty of speed/talent on offense to more than compare with Nebraska.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think we'll be pretty good, but I don't know about the bolded. 

Division? probably    Conference? doubtful

I still think Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State have plenty of speed/talent on offense to more than compare with Nebraska.

I think the division for sure. We have always been at the top. It's been toughness in our division that has plagued us. I think we will have more foot speed than the three teams mentioned. I don't think we will go undefeated or beat all three but I believe we will have more offensive speed. It is kind of ridiculous how many burners Nebraska has at once. 

Edited by Vince R.
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think the division for sure. We have always been at the top. It's been toughness in our division that has plagued us. I think we will have more foot speed than the three teams mentioned. I don't think we will go undefeated or beat all three but I believe we will have more offensive speed. It is kind of ridiculous how many burners Nebraska has at once. 

I think you're getting a little carried away. Has OSU been getting the best slow players in the country, or something? They recruit at a top 5 level. They have more team speed than Nebraska right now. Frost has had 1 recruiting class.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think you're getting a little carried away. Has OSU been getting the best slow players in the country, or something? They recruit at a top 5 level. They have more team speed than Nebraska right now. Frost has had 1 recruiting class.

Am I though? I didn't say Nebraska has the best rated players. I didn't say that Nebraska has the taller players or the strongest players. I said they have the fastest. Not that their guys can't keep up, we will just be faster than their fastest. That is not being carried away. Oregon was always much faster than USC, but USC had the better rankings. 

Edited by Vince R.
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Am I though? I didn't say Nebraska has the best rated players. I didn't say that Nebraska has the taller players or the strongest players. I said they have the fastest. Not that their guys can't keep up, we will just be faster than their fastest. That is not being carried away. Oregon was always much faster than USC, but USC had the better rankings. 

image.png.fb153bf7f065538ba4b70b7059a9b287.png

Ohio State has at least 11 guys on their leader board who can run 4.40 or faster.

I don't know how many Nebraska has - but I'd be shocked if it's that many.

Edit: I realize this is from last fall, so I don't know if any of those guys left, but the point remains.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
16 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

image.png.fb153bf7f065538ba4b70b7059a9b287.png

Ohio State has at least 11 guys on their leader board who can run 4.40 or faster.

I don't know how many Nebraska has - but I'd be shocked if it's that many.

I can tell you right now, that list is inflated. You could never convince me that a team has that many guys running THAT fast at once.

Do you know how many guys have ran a 4.2 in the last ten years in the combine? Also Dobbins does not run a 4.32... That is comical, he is 4.6 at best. The dude has more wiggle than foot speed. This reminds me of false national titles and inflated HS 40 times.

Edited by Vince R.
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

Yes, you are.

Frost has had 1 recruiting cycle (half of one).  We are not suddenly faster than OSU and Michigan. We are not suddenly Oregon after 4 months of Frost. You've done nothing to back up your point other than use the word "fast."

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Again, what does that prove? Is this the first recruiting class in Nebraska's history? 

You've given Oregon as an example as why we're faster than Ohio State, implying Frost's presence here makes us faster. He's the variable that's changed, and we sure as hell weren't faster than OSU in 2017. He has had one cycle to recruit speed.

You're getting carried away if you think OSU wasn't already recruiting speed and that suddenly we're faster than they are when we weren't before Frost came here. You've provided literally no evidence.

The best rated skill players are generally also fast, so OSU's recruiting rankings do matter. It's a combination and Frost might focus more on speed than others, but there's no way we're made that much improvement in 4 months.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I can tell you right now, that list is BS. You could never convince me that a team has that many guys running THAT Fast at once. Also Dobbins does not run a 4.35... That is comical, he is 4.6 at best. The dude has more wiggle than foot speed. This reminds me of fake national titles and inflated HS 40 times.

Maybe, but it's more proof than you have for the 7 guys you listed for Nebraska

2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Did some research for you:

Tyjon had a 4.50 out of high school

J.D. was 4.45

Mike Williams = 4.37

Jaron Woodyard = 4.3 ??

Greg Bell = ??

Miles Jones = 4.62

Washington = ??

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You've given Oregon as an example as why we're faster than Ohio State, implying Frost's presence here makes us faster. He's the variable that's changed, and we sure as hell weren't faster than OSU in 2017. He has had one cycle to recruit speed.

You're getting carried away if you think OSU wasn't already recruiting speed and that suddenly we're faster than they are when we weren't before Frost came here. You've provided literally no evidence.

The best rated skill players are generally also fast. It's a combination and Frost might focus more on speed than others, but there's no way we're made that much improvement in 4 months.

No, I used Oregon to disprove your notion that 5 stars and a higher recruiting ranking means they have more speed. I didn't say they weren't recruiting speed or that they were slow. I said Nebraska got really fast in a short period of time and made that the emphasis in the recruiting class. Three JC players are really fast on tape. Miles Jones is breaking records in FL. JD and Tyjon can burn. Did I make anything up? Generally? I understand, but that doesn't provide any more evidence. 

• Haha 1