NBA Finals

I can only hope and pray that Miami gets beat 3 more times. I can not stand SHAQ. I honestly think Dallas can take it in 4, if not 5.

You got to love Shaq. He's the diesel man!

We all have different opinions and I'm not going to be fooled by the Heat losing game 1. Both teams will be on fire and go cold during this series. Just wait till Shaq and Wade start ballin' together...I like that both teams made it to the finals so I can't be disappointed with one of them losing.

I can only hope and pray that Miami gets beat 3 more times. I can not stand SHAQ. I honestly think Dallas can take it in 4, if not 5.

I don't mind Shaq anymore, he's pretty funny and down to earth. I absolutely hate the rapist Kobe, and would like to see Dallas win...

If I didn't hate the NBA. It died when Jordan left Chicago. Discuss ;)

Jordan made the NBA electric. The Babe Ruth of basketball. There will never be another Jordan.......

Aw, I don't know about that. The same was said of Dr. J back in the day. Generally speaking, there is always one "There'll Never Be Another..." player per generation. And while I can't quite equate LeBron to Jordan's level, when you compare them at the same points in their careers LeBron is doing a pretty good job...

Having said that, you may be right on this one. Given the fact that the NBA really hasn't made many strides in curbing the drafting of kids with no fundementals, it could be that we won't see another polished player like Jordan.

I really stopped watching basketball when Jordan retired the first time. I watched it when he came back as #45 but it wasn't the same. Now you have all these damn thugs playing the game and I can't get into it. :wacko:

I dunno about that. I stopped watching for a while, but this season has been great and the playoffs have been even better. Lots of rising stars in the game now, and lots of high character guys. Nash, Nowitzki, Wade, O'Neal, LeBron, etc. I am not sure that I am as big of a fan as I was when I was younger when it was Bird, Magic and MJ having their way with the league, but nonetheless, I think the league has hit a high note after a lull in recent years.

I am a huge Jordan/Bulls fan and I don't think that their will ever be another Micheal Jordan. However, Lebron is going to do things in the NBA that make us think of MJ. He has a good character, is a good teammate, and has a special swagger about him people cannot help but think that he is the next big thing.

As far as the finals series goes, how in the heck does Shaq only get 5 (It could be more, just remember seeing that stat during the fourth quarter) shots. He is by far the most dominate player in the NBA (when he wants to be) There is no way that Dampier and Diop can stop him. I look for him to explode in game 3. I hope that Dallas wins even though I would prefer for both of them to lose.

***SNIP***

Since when do the Mavs have a D that can stop the Diesel and his partner Wade?

***SNIP***

Actually, they became a pretty good defensive team starting last year when Avery Johnson’s influence began to be felt. Johnson has modeled his defense after the Spurs – funnel everything to the base line, etc. They’ve improved all year on the defensive front.

***SNIP***

As far as the finals series goes, how in the heck does Shaq only get 5 (It could be more, just remember seeing that stat during the fourth quarter) shots. He is by far the most dominate player in the NBA (when he wants to be) There is no way that Dampier and Diop can stop him.

***SNIP***

You can thank the NBA rule changes on that. The NBA has emphasized calling fouls on offensive players who simply bull their way to the basket. Shaq can no longer just throw a shoulder or butt into an opponent – or even flat-out run them over – on the way to the basket. That’s partly why scoring is up in the NBA – that, along with the emphasis on reducing hand-checking, has forced teams to more movement and finding a truly open man. Take a look at Detroit – they improved their scoring, and went to more of a motion offense.

I like it. While I recognize that basketball is a game of mismatches, I never thought the mismatch should result from really physical play – the game is predicated on movement, speed, quickness and passing, and that’s what makes it fun to watch.

Game 4:

Mavs 74

Heat 98

Wade was all over again as he was in Game 3. Shaq was also very productive and is finding a bit of a stroke at the foul line after the 1st 2 games he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. It just seems to all be coming together now for the Heat after a thrilling Game 3 win and then a dominating Game 4 win. Where are you Nowitzki!? I want this to go the full 7, so bring it!

p.s. I don't know why I skipped game 3, but oh well...