How will Neb. compare to other major programs who fell off in 2017?

On 7/21/2018 at 11:21 PM, FearAmeer said:

My opinions: Florida State will be the quickest to rebound but won't be national contenders under taggart, ucla will have the best improvements of the programs listed (us and ucla imo), and oregon will never be the team they were before, they are gonna go back into irrelevancy because the 2 people who made oregon what it was are gone. 

This is about where I'm at, too. I would only add I expect Texas to make a significant jump this year if Herman is their guy.

I also think you're spot on about Oregon. Their identity has taken a huge hit in recent years and I struggle to see them bottle that success again.

When one brings up Texas and their culture, I can't understand why people expect a quick turn around at Florida.  The wheels on that program were coming off under Meyer.  His worst record of his head coaching career came his last year at Florida.  I don't expect a quick turn around at Florida.  Mullen is very overrated as a coach.  I still can't understand why people wanted him to be our next coach.  In 9 seasons, his teams have only finished the season ranked in the top 25 three times.  He's a career 60% winning coach.  I don't see this changing at Florida. 

From the list, I see UCLA making the biggest leap.  Their upper classmen came from recruiting classes ranked #12 and #13.  Given their schedule this year, they have four games against stiff competition in OU, USC, Washington, and Stanford.  I could definitely see them going 8-4.  Texas might very well have a better overall record as I only see 3-4 losses on their schedule.  However, I'm not sure why they even made the list considering they are the only team on the list that doesn't have a new coach. 

• Haha 1