JUCO WR AJ Jackson

Player: AJ Jackson

Hometown: Visalia, CA

Position: WR

Height: 6’6”

Weight: 220

40 time: 4.61

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Ole Miss, Nebraska, Illinois, USC, Missouri, Washington St.

Favorites: Committed to Ole Miss

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Super JUCO talent out of College of the Sequoias in California. Caught over 15 touchdowns. All the tools to become a great pro.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Blake is recruiting him, but seems to like SEC country.

would you honestly turn down a guy with this potential? 6'6" 220, how many corners do you know that can cover a guy that size? I mean think about it.... sacrifice a big playmaker especially in places like the end zone where it gets cramped.... just so the players that arent as good as him are happy.

Yes, I honestly would turn down this guy. He is a JUCO. We just brought in two receivers in last years recruiting class that were 6'4 and 6'5.5. They are both freshman. I think they both have the potential to be big time receivers for the Huskers. I don't think bringing in a JUCO with the same dimensions is benefitial to our team. I would much rather use that scholarship for a freshman receiver or lineman.

Yes, I honestly would turn down this guy. He is a JUCO. We just brought in two receivers in last years recruiting class that were 6'4 and 6'5.5. They are both freshman. I think they both have the potential to be big time receivers for the Huskers. I don't think bringing in a JUCO with the same dimensions is benefitial to our team. I would much rather use that scholarship for a freshman receiver or lineman.

who are the recievers that you are talking about????

Will Henry will be a freshman, but the other reciever that is 6'4" or above was Mo Purify and he was a JUCO also.

I say get the best players available and put them on the field.

I believe that Holt is 6'4 and Henry is 6'5.5. Those are two freshman that I think will do great at wide out. I don't see the need in bringing in a JUCO at their position if they are about the same size. Unless Jackson is head and shoulders better than these two, I do not see the need in using a scholarship on him if he does not improve an area of need for this team.

P.S. I do not consider wideout an area of need for this team.

• 1 month later...
I believe that Holt is 6'4 and Henry is 6'5.5. Those are two freshman that I think will do great at wide out. I don't see the need in bringing in a JUCO at their position if they are about the same size. Unless Jackson is head and shoulders better than these two, I do not see the need in using a scholarship on him if he does not improve an area of need for this team.

i don't think anyone figured we would land another rb........but we took Wilson anyway (a Juco) and it sounds like he may beat out some of our coveted recruits..

i say any talent , Juco or not, needs to be considered........NU may just be rewriting the book on JUCO recruiting.....Taylor, Wilson, probably Nicks have and will be big contributers to the teams' success.....strangely it is working......

hunter

i don't think anyone figured we would land another rb........but we took Wilson anyway (a Juco) and it sounds like he may beat out some of our coveted recruits..

i say any talent , Juco or not, needs to be considered........NU may just be rewriting the book on JUCO recruiting.....Taylor, Wilson, probably Nicks have and will be big contributers to the teams' success.....strangely it is working......

hunter

I understand that their is talent at the JUCO level, and I understand that JUCO's are a key members of our team this year. However, when recruiting, a team has to take into account the personal that is currently on the team. We seem to be loaded with young talented recievers, so I don't see the point in bringing in a JUCO in that position when we could use this scholarship in an area of need like DB or along the lines.