AP interview with Tom

Didn't see this posted yet, but I heard a reference to this interview on Hail Varsity and Found it carried here.

Snippet:

LINCOLN, NEB. 

Tom Osborne, like most others in this football-mad state, senses a resurgence coming for one of the college game's historical blue bloods.

The 81-year-old Osborne, who won 255 games in his 25 years and ended his career with national titles in three of his last four seasons, acknowledged he had disconnected emotionally from the program as it languished under Mike Riley. Nebraska's first preseason practice under new coach Scott Frost is Friday and Osborne is among the many interested in what happens next.

"I guess I'm a little bit more engaged right now in terms of wanting to go to practice, wanting to be actively watching the games than maybe in the last three years," Osborne said in an interview. "Not that I wasn't interested and not that I didn't want them to do well, but I just really didn't understand the culture. So this culture, I think, I will understand a lot better."

You're not the only one, Tom.

• Plus1 5

On 8/6/2018 at 7:08 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Here’s the translation to what Tom is saying in the bold “Eichorst was a dick, and I had no idea what Riley was trying to do with the program, so I just stayed away.”

Yep, pretty much. He "Didn't understand the culture",  holy Crap, nobody understood what was going on down there, not even the players.  I don't blame him for staying away from all that,  Riley was an embarrassment to the program, and tom wanted nothing to do with it.

• Plus1 2