NU vs UCLA--now official

I got this email a few minutes ago...

"Huskers Announce Home-and-Home Football Series with UCLA"

We are pleased to inform you of another exciting series with a high-profile football program. The Nebraska Cornhuskers have agreed to a home-and-home series with UCLA for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

The series will begin with Nebraska traveling to the historic Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. , to take on the Bruins on Sept. 8, 2012. The two teams will face each other in a rematch the following season, with UCLA visiting Lincoln and Memorial Stadium on Sept. 14, 2013.

Nebraska has faced the Bruins on 10 previous occasions, with Nebraska winning six of the past seven meetings between the two schools. In the last home-and-home series, Nebraska won both games, 14-13 at UCLA in 1993 and 49-21 in Memorial Stadium in 1994.

The two games with UCLA will be announced to the media later this afternoon and are the first announced contests for Nebraska in the 2012 and 2013 seasons. Earlier this spring, Nebraska announced a home-and-home series with Virginia Tech for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Please see Huskers.com for the full media release later today.

wish it was a SEC team.

While I'd love to see an SEC team also - I live in SEC country, after all - I think playing Pac-10 teams actually might be better for the program overall. If the coaching staff, as a whole, has any kind of connection it is to the Pac-10 area, which means there is a better chance at landing top-notch recruits.

Also, as I've noted before, except for Florida and Mississippi, most of the states with SEC schools manage to lock down their D-1 talent - and for most of those states they only produce enough D-1 talent for their own schools. In California alone, there are tons of D-1 recruits, which improves our odds on getting them.

However, to me the overall level of play in the SEC beats the hell out of the Pac-10, so based just on the game, I'd take a SEC team over a Pac-10 team any day...

I hate it. Seriously why are we signing with teams like 6 years before the seasons, for all we know UCLA could be terrible in 6 years or get cought in a scandal and having them just be a terrible team when we play them. Just like 4 years ago UCLA sucked. We needed to just wait and get a f'ing SEC team

I hate it. Seriously why are we signing with teams like 6 years before the seasons, for all we know UCLA could be terrible in 6 years or get cought in a scandal and having them just be a terrible team when we play them. Just like 4 years ago UCLA sucked. We needed to just wait and get a f'ing SEC team

I suspect, again, that it's primarily based on maintaining a recruiting presence in the West generally, and in California, specifically. To most kids on the West coast, Nebraska isn't even on their radar screen - this at least keeps our name out there.

The alternative would be Stevie P waiting to the last minute like the last couple years and securing a Division IAA school. I'm sure he's foaming at the prospect of UNO turning 1AA. The more "name" programs on the schedule the better.

I got this email a few minutes ago...

"Huskers Announce Home-and-Home Football Series with UCLA"

We are pleased to inform you of another exciting series with a high-profile football program. The Nebraska Cornhuskers have agreed to a home-and-home series with UCLA for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

The series will begin with Nebraska traveling to the historic Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. , to take on the Bruins on Sept. 8, 2012. The two teams will face each other in a rematch the following season, with UCLA visiting Lincoln and Memorial Stadium on Sept. 14, 2013.

Nebraska has faced the Bruins on 10 previous occasions, with Nebraska winning six of the past seven meetings between the two schools. In the last home-and-home series, Nebraska won both games, 14-13 at UCLA in 1993 and 49-21 in Memorial Stadium in 1994.

The two games with UCLA will be announced to the media later this afternoon and are the first announced contests for Nebraska in the 2012 and 2013 seasons. Earlier this spring, Nebraska announced a home-and-home series with Virginia Tech for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Please see Huskers.com for the full media release later today.

I love games in my backyard.

Every team schedules this way - Do you know how hard it is to schedule game's Dosen't matter if they're god or bad then an LOS ANGELES game is always good.

The alternative would be Stevie P waiting to the last minute like the last couple years and securing a Division IAA school. I'm sure he's foaming at the prospect of UNO turning 1AA. The more "name" programs on the schedule the better.

what are you talking about in the last like 6 years we've had Pitt., Penn St., and Notre Dame. We only schdule one non-conference "big time" team

Wasn't there one future year, when we were still in the Big Eight, that we had Arkansas, Auburn and Texas scheduled as non-conference games and they were all cancelled? Those may not be all the correct teams, but I remember having three tough ones in a row, and then there were none.

With the NCAA allowing 12 games each year lets keep getting 3 home games each year and a home and home series. Football pays the bills for a lot of other sports at NU and every home game brings in a ton of money.

2 cupcakes, 1 up and coming team, 1 big name...........

my opinion