Northwestern Post-Game Presser

Mavric

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Even in his post game pressers, Frost mentions recruiting.

Especially on the defensive side of the ball, we need speed and playmakers.

I've watched all of his post game pressers and one thing I have liked was the brutal honesty and assessment that always alluded to lack of players ability.  He really doesn't dance around it with statements like "failed to execute", "simply out of position" etc....  Like you said above, he flat out says we don't have the horses....(I agree with your post)

Honest question, and really seeing what you posted has me wondering how does this really effect the chemistry and "trust" with the staff and team.  ie Player X is giving his all, but continually hears the above comments.  Do they play harder, cash it in, go through the motions, hesitate etc.....I guess I'd be pi$$ed if I was truly doing my best.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I've watched all of his post game pressers and one thing I have liked was the brutal honesty and assessment that always alluded to lack of players ability.  He really doesn't dance around it with statements like "failed to execute", "simply out of position" etc....  Like you said above, he flat out says we don't have the horses....(I agree with your post)

Honest question, and really seeing what you posted has me wondering how does this really effect the chemistry and "trust" with the staff and team.  ie Player X is giving his all, but continually hears the above comments.  Do they play harder, cash it in, go through the motions, hesitate etc.....I guess I'd be pi$$ed if I was truly doing my best.

Thoughts?

It depends on the player.  There could be some older guys who are ready to leave the program who will start to not take practices seriously, and the team could get worse.  Maybe Frost will start to play more young guys, especially if he looks to use the 4-game redshirt rule to his advantage.  There are a lot of questions that this season has caused.

15 minutes ago, lo country said:

Thoughts?

I think Frost wants to see how they'll respond.

We saw how Lindsey and Bell responded.

Frost's job is to bring in better players than are currently on the roster.  It's Duval's job to help current roster guys keep that from happening.

My guess would be many of the players know they are not performing.  Watching film with the coaches doesn't lie.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think Frost wants to see how they'll respond.

We saw how Lindsay and Bell responded.

Frost's job is to bring in better players than are currently on the roster.  It's Duval's job to help current roster guys keep that from happening.

My guess would be many of the players know they are not performing.  Watching film with the coaches doesn't lie.

Good points all the way across.  To the bolded, get really pi$$ed and "I'll show him" attitude.