Bad News for Chicago Husker Fans

McGees (a great sports bar in Chicago) announced with a full page ad in the Chicago paper today that they are becoming a Ohio State bar! I've been watching Husker games there for years. It has been great and I'm so bummed about this. I emailed them my dissapointment. This was the response I got...

As a Nebraska fan myself (born and raised in Council Bluffs, Iowa), I really, sincerely am disappointed as well. We struggled with this decision, and it is in no way a reflection of how we feel about our loyal Nebraska fans, or how much we have enjoyed our partnership with Nebraska over the years.

Unfortunately, from a business perspective, attendance has dwindled, and it's been too long since those "standing room only" Saturdays. We have tried to keep that spirit and fun alive regardless of the wins and losses, but we just haven't been able to. No matter how many times we played the fight song and no matter how many giveaways we did, we just weren't getting the kind of response that we used to get. There are many factors involved, but we believe that dwindling attendance is due in part to an increasing number of night games scheduled by the University. In addition, they are doing an increasing number of pay-per-view games, which are prohibitively expensive for a bar as large as ours (pay-per-view events are billed to bars by our capacity).

In any event, we wish the Huskers and their fans all the luck and success in the world (I know nothing would make my family happier!). Thanks for your feedback.

That is bad news for chicago fans, but as a fat huskerfan in Chicago I have found other places with better food. I started to grow tired of McGhees sh**ty food crowded as sh#t atmosphere usually had to get there 2 hours before kick off, and expensive beer a pitcher of budlight was usually 9 dollars. I have no idea what McGhees is thinking. For chicagoans who need an alternative.

Flounders:

Located at Clybourn and Webster. This bar is a little more low key but great food. The prices are little more reasonable as I have put some time in and gotten to know a few waittresses and bartenders. I usually get a pitcher or two knocked off the tab. I recomend the garlic fries.

Birds Nest

This is located on soutport about a block north of Flounders. It is also the headquarters of Huskerpedia. The nachos are outstanding and they make a damn good bloody Mary for early games.

Final Thoughts on McGhees

The bar is turning into a glorified frat party. The events they do are lame dance parties and glorified FAC's. Incredibly overpriced with sh**ty food. You can tell I am fat when I judge my bars on food quality.

Hope that helps for chicagoans.

That is bad news for chicago fans, but as a fat huskerfan in Chicago I have found other places with better food. I started to grow tired of McGhees sh**ty food crowded as sh#t atmosphere usually had to get there 2 hours before kick off, and expensive beer a pitcher of budlight was usually 9 dollars. I have no idea what McGhees is thinking. For chicagoans who need an alternative.

Flounders:

Located at Clybourn and Webster. This bar is a little more low key but great food. The prices are little more reasonable as I have put some time in and gotten to know a few waittresses and bartenders. I usually get a pitcher or two knocked off the tab. I recomend the garlic fries.

Birds Nest

This is located on soutport about a block north of Flounders. It is also the headquarters of Huskerpedia. The nachos are outstanding and they make a damn good bloody Mary for early games.

The bar is turning into a glorified frat party. The events they do are lame dance parties and glorified FAC's. Incredibly overpriced with sh**ty food. You can tell I am fat when I judge my bars on food quality.

I reccomend a spell check and run-on sentence alarm for your computer. Or, failing that, a keyboard with bigger keys so your sausage fingers don't mash the wrong letters. Christ.

Bottom line, Mcgee's was a good bar, it seems wierd that they are saying they need more money when the fact was if you didn't get there way early you flat out did not get a seat.

Flounders:

Birds Nest

and in a few weeks fat and married :o

Maybe if we go in there and rough up the joint a couple times this year they will change it back to Huskerland!!! It could be arrainged!!! <_<

yah, nebraska fans are the best around... unless you deny us foods and beverages.

... then the sh*ts on like donkey kong..!