Colorado game tailgating

Hey Huskerfans, we are traveling to Boulder to watch the Huskers take home a victory, even though my a$$ was nervous in south stadium last weekend.  We are looking for a motel or bar where Husker fans can congregate and be welcome.  We are not enthusiastic about the “sponsored” tailgates that cost $50 a pop to enter.  Thoughts anyone?  Does the Millenium Harvest House have a beer garden?  Any Husker fans staying there?

• Plus1 1

I’ve always enjoyed the Millenium Harvest House. There are always a ton of Husker fans there pre and post game. Basically the whole outdoor courtyard is a large beer garden. It’s a good time and I don’t recall there ever being any kind of cover charge or entrance fee. If you’re not going into the stadium to watch, I do not remember if the Harvest House has a good place to watch. IIRC they do have some screens in the courtyard because it seems we were able to catch some other games after we got out of the stadium. Have fun.

4 minutes ago, Huskerbreeze said:

Thanks JJ!  We are going to the game, so the outside beer garden sounds perfect actually, as long as it isn’t raining!  If there are any other fans familiar with Boulder and Husker tailgating there, please weigh in.  Options are a good thing!

There is a big parking lot and parking garage just south of Colorado Ave, a few blocks east of the stadium if you are wanting to tailgate.

The Harvest House is also a good place to hang out.

Someone posted that there is NO beer garden/party at Harvest House this year?  That seems odd but they claim they called and the hotel said no.  That would be a first but who knows.  

Also: the $50 blur party does NOT include food or drinks.  You have to buy those separate.  And it doesn't start until 10am.  Where are we drinking at 8am?????

• Thanks 1