Throttling Down in the 3rd Quarter

knapplc

On 9/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

Was the locker room at half time filled with Husker players and coaches who felt like they'd gotten the job done, and that the Buffs were easy-peasy?  

We know that the Buffs locker room was nothing like that.  We can tell by how they came out and how they played the next two quarters.

Ya, the Buffs came out on fire. The question is, how do the Huskers capture that mentality and bring it to EVERY QUARTER of every game?  With the recent history of performance, and the collapses that have happened, I don't know how in the world they could convince themselves that they have ANYTHING won before the gun goes off.....maybe this collapse will finally be the one that causes a change in how they approach a game....

When you have your opponent on the ropes, you can’t wait for the bell to ring so you can knock them out.  

No not Nebraska we frigen, CALL TIME OUT!!!

Then jab jab jab.

There is a reason we got knocked out!

I shudder to think about what happens when the Heavy Weights come to town.

22 minutes ago, Jarhead In Red said:

Ya, the Buffs came out on fire. The question is, how do the Huskers capture that mentality and bring it to EVERY QUARTER of every game?  With the recent history of performance, and the collapses that have happened, I don't know how in the word they could convince themselves that they have ANYTHING won before the gun goes off.....maybe this collapse will finally be the one that causes a change in how they approach a game....

First THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, MARINE!

Now, yes, my hope is that the technical talk about it between the coaches and players will change to another kind of talk.. the kind of talk that has players willing to give 100% for the entire game.. one game at a time.

Talk is cheap. They should let their actions speak. Frost needs to reign in on all the talk. Just outwork everybody every dang week and let the chips fall where they may. Tweak the offense. These guys gotta get nasty fast.

Riley showed everybody what running a soft culture is like and losses start to pile up. It's like Christian Peter said in the 95' pump up video something along the lines of, "The most important aspect is the physical part."' I've heard they don't really go full contact in practices. If true, I guess I understand it because of injuries but at the same time, it's like you're taking it too easy. And then come game time, you think you're going to beat down your opponent?

Wrong.