Best places to go in Champaign Illinois

edro

1 hour ago, Random Task said:

With a 7pm kick, the parking lots are the place to be tomorrow.  Will be lots of husker fans tailgating.  I’ll be over in lot 46 with a keg.  Stop by and have a beer.

Thanks Random Guy...early update, checked into hotel few minutes ago, handful of Nebraska plates on the cars in the parking lot, group of Illini Alums in lobby drinking it up.  Front desk recommended Scotty's Pub or Blind Pig, off to find them.  Was encouraged yesterday of a hopeful Sea of Red by this tweet from Illinois yesterday...

Screenshot_20190919-112245_Twitter.jpg

50 minutes ago, edro said:

Thanks Random Guy...early update, checked into hotel few minutes ago, handful of Nebraska plates on the cars in the parking lot, group of Illini Alums in lobby drinking it up.  Front desk recommended Scotty's Pub or Blind Pig, off to find them.  Was encouraged yesterday of a hopeful Sea of Red by this tweet from Illinois yesterday...

You might see more Red tomorrow as people drive down from Chicago area.

6 hours ago, chevskeezy said:

Staying at my buddies just north of Champaign, I decorated his machine shed for him yesterday while he was at work.  He lives right on I-74 around mm 154-155. Give us a honk as you guys go by we will be out grilling and drinking some beers!

20190920_102840.jpg

20190920_192750.jpg

That around Rantoul?  Was stationed there for technical school way back when there was a base there.