The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

I get the motivation for having Biden out of the race. I don't think he's the right guy to be president (but I'll vote for him over any Republican right now, to be clear).

The democratic way to remove Biden is to vote for other candidates. Not hope something comes out of a political hit job.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The deeper you dig, the more likely you are to have to face the fact that this is a false story concocted by a desperate Trump trying to "both sides" his admission of wrongdoing related to the whistleblower complaint.

That you don't want to do that digging reflects poorly on you. It doesn't mean there's a story here.

I don't want to dig, because 1) my interest is mild, and 2) the info is now hard to find.

And 3), sure Trump is making s#!t up. But I never cared for the way NATO treated/used Ukraine post-Maidan, before anal wart was president.

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Exactly. I'm sorry @Apsu but your logic is making no sense. Your idea of an investigation is not how we operate in America.

OK, we disagree then.

How we operate here in America is to manufacture consent through the media.

30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You don't investigate unless you have a reason to believe a crime was committed. Investigating a person just to fish for evidence of a crime is illegal.

Like the entire Mueller investigation.

33 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok so if its morally wrong but not illegal, than an investigation is an abuse of power. Thanks for clearing that up. I think Biden should have already dropped out of the race.

Sigh...

I said that would be the end result, not the motivation.

Just now, Apsu said:

OK, we disagree then.

How we operate here in America is to manufacture consent through the media.

Is that how criminal investigations work? No. Stop acting childish because you were wrong and have backtracked majorly from your original comments. Probable cause is still a thing

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Apsu said:

Like the entire Mueller investigation.

The Mueller investigation had probable cause for believing the president obstructed justice. Whats the probable cause on biden and what crime should he be under investigation for?

I'd like some facts this time @Apsu

• Plus1 2

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Is that how criminal investigations work? No. Stop acting childish because you were wrong and have backtracked majorly from your original comments. Probable cause is still a thing

That has been reality for decades (manufacturing consent through the media).

Let's not get into name calling.

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And who are the people pushing this narrative on Biden the hardest?

It's those 2 lyin dingbats

Anal wart has a way of getting media attention.

I have not liked how Ukraine was abused post-Maidan since it happened.

Just now, Apsu said:

That has been reality for decades (manufacturing consent through the media).

Let's not get into name calling.

I'm not name calling. You are acting childish in your posts. Lets see some factual information because the fact is Trump fired Comey over the Flynn investigation and that is coming from Trump himself. That is probable cause for an investigation into obstruction of justice. What is the potential crime biden committed and where is the probable cause for an investigation?

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I don't want to dig, because 1) my interest is mild, and 2) the info is now hard to find. 

For someone whose interest is mild, you're about single-handedly keeping this thread going. :D

The information on all of this is not hard to find. It's literally as difficult as going to the OP in this thread and dragging your eyes across a few articles.  Failing that, do a simple google search. I did it several times in the first few pages of this thread.

• Thanks 3