The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

14 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Again, that all may be morally wrong, but it isn't corrupt or illegal. He was doing nothing wrong as he was working on behalf of our government and their interests. Whether or not that is what is in the best interest of the American people or Ukranian people is another subject entirely. But the idea Biden should be investigated for this is still looking to be nothing more than a distraction strategy/conspiracy theory. What is the crime?

And as I said, nobody will go to jail over this.

But it will hurt Biden's candidacy (being morally wrong).

Just now, Apsu said:

And as I said, nobody will go to jail over this.

But it will hurt Biden's candidacy (being morally wrong).

Ok so if its morally wrong but not illegal, than an investigation is an abuse of power. Thanks for clearing that up. I think Biden should have already dropped out of the race.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Joe Biden, the person who got Shokin fired, was a US official. I'm not a democrat, there just isn't anything there. If there was go right ahead, I don't care for Biden. But the fact of the matter is when I look at the FACTS of the situation, and I look at the people telling me to pay attention to this, it becomes pretty clear what all this is. Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna believe Biden was doing his job.

And continuing to propagate the circle... you won't see evidence unless there is an investigation.

1 minute ago, Apsu said:

And continuing to propagate the circle... you won't see evidence unless there is an investigation.

You don't investigate unless you have a reason to believe a crime was committed. Investigating a person just to fish for evidence of a crime is illegal.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If the intent is to hurt Biden's candidacy, don't you think that's a HUGE problem?

Past records tend to hurt candidacies.

Tulsi Gabbard did not create Kamala Harris's record, she exposed it.

But to be honest, I would like to see Biden out of the race.

Just now, Apsu said:

Past records tend to hurt candidacies.

Tulsi Gabbard did not create Kamala Harris's record, she exposed it.

But to be honest, I would like to see Biden out of the race.

Point is the motivations are political and not based on upholding the law.

• Plus1 2

As I said (but did not provide a link), that Hunter may have been involved with the IMF facilitated looting of Ukrainian assets, that may have benefited Biden donors or friends.

No I don't have links, and I don't care to find them. I posted an opinion, and I am not seeking to make a legal case.

And in closing, I have already posted on this topic ten-fold my interest level in it.

Shokin was getting ousted no matter what lets make that clear. It wasn't Biden who decided he needed to go, he was just the one who executed the plan. He was doing his job as Vice President of the United States. Again, if it wasn't him it would have been someone else.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Post a timeline of these events. You're getting a lot of things wrong because you don't know when these things happened.

Post-Maidan, pre-Trump.

Did I get that right?

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What part did hunter have in the guy getting fired?

Probably zilch.

But I never said that he did.

Just now, Apsu said:

Post-Maidan, pre-Trump.

Did I get that right?

The deeper you dig, the more likely you are to have to face the fact that this is a false story concocted by a desperate Trump trying to "both sides" his admission of wrongdoing related to the whistleblower complaint.

That you don't want to do that digging reflects poorly on you. It doesn't mean there's a story here.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2