The Huskers and One-And-Done

There’s a related issue to the One-and-Done that also needs to be considered. That is, the future of college football in the age of concussions and physical health concerns.

We know what Andrew Luck did and why. Other pros are doing the same. College players are going to be concerned about the long-term affects of playing football on their health and will begin to deliberately shorten their careers. That will mean, leaving school early and going to the pros (if they have the ability and size to compete at the pro level).

They can try all they might to make the game safer, but at its heart it’s a violent game that takes a toll on those who play it. It takes courage to play, but with the medical studies coming out about how the game affects players long-term, more young people are going to be taking notice and making different decisions.

One-and-Done is going to help players who want to play at the next level. It won’t have an affect on four-year players who don’t want to go pro.

20 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I disagree. He can’t play 1 half in college without getting hurt. His frame needs lots work before he is NFL ready 

His NFL readiness was never my point.  That’d be a losing argument.

My point is some are going to bail and take a chance because the long term team commitment is not for them.  #28 fits that mold.