Real Husker November Thrillers

On 11/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, hskrfan4life said:

I don't think that's true. There just needs to be something on the line when we play. Such as a conference title berth. That's why those games mattered. It was conference title or bust most of the time.

Yes, and most of the time the winner played in the Orange Bowl or some other major (even a shot for the national championship if the right teams won or lost, etc.   It was always a 'big' game and usually the biggest of the year.

For about 18 years, we've played for the (names changes every year} bowl or even worse or no bowl at all.  Used to throw oranges out on the field when the winning score occured.   Strange, but I don't ever remember fans tossing rolls of toilet paper out on the field = guess the times really have changed - hopefully, someday, maybe there's a slim chance, with a lotta luck, we get back to the future!   

• Plus1 1

I remember oranges from way, way back.... including once when TO got on the mic and didn't like it too much, lol.

Then there was the one year everyone threw tortillas because the title game was in Phoenix.

I'm not really sure throwing anything else out (apart from being illegal) is all that practical. Did people in the SWC throw cotton balls?