SportsIllustrated/Athlon Sports Preview

GSG

This year's schedule is more challenging than last season's. It includes reigning national champ Texas as well as USC at Los Angeles. The Longhorns visit Lincoln on Oct. 21 -- Nebraska's only home game in October and a possible preview of the Big 12 Championship Game in Kansas City on Dec. 2.

I hope it's the preview and I hope we beat them both times!!! :restore

I hope there was more to do in Tipton than in Mt. Vernon. I'm from a small town too, but MV gets a little ridiculous at times. Plus there is a lack of Husker fans. My friends always try to gang up on me on game days, especially if we happen to lose. They're all Hawkeye fans, so I just remind them how Iowa always seems to choke and is almost annually well overrated.

I hope there was more to do in Tipton than in Mt. Vernon. I'm from a small town too, but MV gets a little ridiculous at times. Plus there is a lack of Husker fans. My friends always try to gang up on me on game days, especially if we happen to lose. They're all Hawkeye fans, so I just remind them how Iowa always seems to choke and is almost annually well overrated.

You need to remind them that they havn't beatin us in 30 some

odd years. :thumbs

Have you always lived in Iowa? If so, how did you become a Big Red fan?

Have you always lived in Iowa? If so, how did you become a Big Red fan?

I'm from Nebraska. Gering to be exact. I just go to school in Iowa. Senior year!!

Yeah Des Moines isn't bad it's growing very fast!!! Don't know much about Mt. Vernon only driven through there a couple of times and I know nothing about Tipton. Only that they have a hot female cop working there!!! :thumbs

kinda sounds like omaha, we're growing rapidly as well

I remember during the CWS Lindah Cone saying that Omaha is a diamond in the rough, and that we have a "mini skyline". She said it's a great city, that surprisingly has a lot of people.