GOP VP Choice

Should Trump dump Pence?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paul Begala predicts Trump will Dump Pence for Nikki Haley.

To be honest with you - this would not surprise me a bit.  Nikki has become a big disappointment to me.  She has so sucked up to the president by defending his actions

during the Mueller and impeachment hearings that I lost all confidence in her.  She has become corrupted by power and by Trump.  I thought she had potential as a

future GOP presidential candidate but she won't get my vote in the future for anything.

Pence is a wall flower.  He has been passive in confronting Trump on issues that are opposite his confessed Christian faith.    He has been nothing but a disappointment since he did not back out of the ticket after the Access Hollywood tapes were exposed. 

At this point it doesn't matter to me who the VP choice is because that ticket won't get my vote.  But it will be interesting to see if the dynamic noted by Begala plays out.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485562-cnns-begala-trump-will-dump-pence-for-haley-on-day-of-democratic-nominees

Longtime CNN political analyst Paul Begala predicted on Monday that President Trump is "gonna dump [Vice President] Mike Pence in favor of former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley" on July 16 when the Democratic nominee is slated to give his or her acceptance speech.

The former "Crossfire" co-host "guaranteed" Trump will throw Pence "under the bus" because of his handling of the coronavirus, which the president tapped Pence to lead a task force on last week.

“This is not a prediction. It’s a certainty. On Thursday, July 16 — that’s the date the Democrat gives his or her acceptance address — on that day, to interrupt that narrative, Donald Trump will call a press conference at Mar-a-Lago. He’s going to dump Mike Pence and put Nikki Haley on the ticket to try to get those suburban moms," Begala predicted during a panel discussion at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s (AIPAC) conference in Washington, D.C.

"You watch. Guaranteed," Begala said. “Trump put Pence in charge of coronavirus to throw him under the bus."

I don’t think any GOP VP choice would change one single vote in the general. To the Trump cultists it wouldn’t make any difference at all how bad or how good the VP was.  And there is no one he could bring in that would gain him a single vote from never Trumpers. We can b!^@h about Pence all we want but he is a complete non-factor. It just doesn’t matter.

I have no idea who Paul Begala is but I’d bet ten bucks he has the dumping Pence thing pegged.