Scientists lament Trump’s embrace of risky malaria drugs

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

It really begs the question: Why was Trump so gung-ho on the drug(s) in the first place?

I don't really buy the theories about him benefiting financially from the drugs as from what I recall his holdings in the companies that manufactures the drug.

IMO it's most likely that he absolutely refuses to accept when he's wrong on something and digs his heels in like a petulant child.

I imagine he's benefiting somehow, whether that's financially or simply by creating another in his myriad distractions.

It seems like everything he's done the past four years has been to stave off riots for one more day with distraction after distraction.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I imagine he's benefiting somehow, whether that's financially or simply by creating another in his myriad distractions.

It seems like everything he's done the past four years has been to stave off riots for one more day with distraction after distraction.

Oh, to be sure, everything Trump does is done to benefit Trump somehow. I just know a lot of people automatically inferred financial motivations in hocking hydroxychloroquine when the evidence supporting that is lacking and Occam's Razor suggests Trump is just pathologically narcissistic and unable to admit fault.

And as soon as I said this...

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

It really begs the question: Why was Trump so gung-ho on the drug(s) in the first place?

I don't really buy the theories about him benefiting financially from the drugs as from what I recall his holdings in the companies that manufactures the drug are pretty minimal.

IMO it's most likely that he absolutely refuses to accept when he's wrong on something and digs his heels in like a petulant child.

The guy doesn't listen to experts in anything and thinks he's smarter than all of them.  If you don't think so, just ask him. 

He first mentioned these drugs and was quickly rebuked by Fouci and others.  Trump didn't like that and was bound and determined to be right no matter what.  His ego didn't allow him to give Fouci credit for being smarter so, he wanted to prove him wrong.  He would then be able to taught how great he is at all these things going into the election.

4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

On 4/8/2020 at 6:44 AM, NUance said:

But then I read this:  

All that hilariously misguided and counterproductive criticism the media piled on chloroquine (purely for political reasons) as a viable treatment will now go down as the biggest Fake News blunder to rule them all. The media actively engaged their activism to fight ‘bad orange man’ at the cost of thousands of lives. Shame on them.  LINK

====================================================  

So ... what is the truth?  

I, for one, am gobsmacked that "libertymavenstock" led us astray.

Safe to say we know the truth now, right?

• 4 weeks later...