The Athletic: Nebraska’s biggest preseason question - Can substance rise above style?

2 minutes ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Fair point. Cosgrove also called that 2007 defense which was atrocious.    Folks forget about the better D the year prior.

2007 was an anomaly in the form of the poorly poured concrete foundation of a dam breaking. Similar to 2017. The statistical results of those seasons should be treated as such and focused more on the fundamental failings imo.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

2007 was an anomaly in the form of the poorly poured concrete foundation of a dam breaking. Similar to 2017. The statistical results of those seasons should be treated as such and focused more on the fundamental failings imo.

The foundation crumbled under Callahan because he wanted to build something new. He didn’t respect the tradition. I remember reading that he had the majority of the pictures of former players removed from the facilities. Callahan was a terrible hire. The coattails of tradition that he tried to remove are what led to any success at all. You don’t go from a world class defense, and a tradition of accountability to your teammates, to giving up 73 points to Kansas without being a complete, smelly pile of triceratops crap. Bill C. and Steve P. were the catalyst that started the downfall. Praising Callahan is essentially the same as praising as massive turd for stinking. Congratulations...

Rant Over. 

Wait... He’s one of only 5 people in the world I’d punch without hesitation if I came a crossed him in an ally. 

Now, rant over.

Hold up... he also had scurvy and gonorrhea. 

Rant complete