ESPN Poll

dont waste your time trying to delete the cookies onyour computer and vote more then once. It wont let you, I tried 4 times and even though I could vote each time, the total number of votes that had been cast did not change.

so by deleating the cookies you are deleating the previous vote also.

just thought that i would let everyone know so that they did not waste their time also.

dont waste your time trying to delete the cookies onyour computer and vote more then once. It wont let you, I tried 4 times and even though I could vote each time, the total number of votes that had been cast did not change.

just thought that i would let everyone know so that they did not waste their time also.

No no. Cookies are stored client-side on your computer. The poll results are stored on the server. Unless you remotely hack into the server, deleting cookies isn't going to do anything. My bet is they do it by IP address: one-vote-per-IP.

In other words, if you're on dialup, and you sign off and sign on again...chances are, you'll get another vote. Broadband users are not so lucky here. But surely we have better things to do than listen to a modem dialing online over and over and over? :lol:

dont waste your time trying to delete the cookies onyour computer and vote more then once.  It wont let you, I tried 4 times and even though I could vote each time, the total number of votes that had been cast did not change.

No no. Cookies are stored client-side on your computer. The poll results are stored on the server. Unless you remotely hack into the server, deleting cookies isn't going to do anything. My bet is they do it by IP address: one-vote-per-IP.

In other words, if you're on dialup, and you sign off and sign on again...chances are, you'll get another vote. Broadband users are not so lucky here. But surely we have better things to do than listen to a modem dialing online over and over and over? :lol:

well I knew it was something