What in the heck is wrong with our offense?

1 minute ago, floridacorn said:

I honestly don't think it's an issue Austin needed help to address a specialty position.  No coach knows everything about the game or his position group.  But, the very big problem is that it took Frost to step in and address the issue.  

I agree in the sense I'm not overly perturbed about a position coach and/or coaching staff needing to get outside consultation for a specific issue with one player. And personally, I don't know how concerned I am about Frost having to step in to help address it, either. Sometimes, a leader/boss has to get involved in helping their staff address certain challenges. 

If anybody thinks assistant coaches should operate with 100% autonomy, and be able to identify and address every problem with their position group, then I don't think that person is fairly evaluating the situation. (Not accusing you of this, to be clear).

Ultimately, the primary issue is the inconsistency of Austin's position group's performance over the course of four years, which is Austin's biggest performance KPI. That's what will ultimately (and should ultimately) result in his replacing.

• Plus1 1

As much as people didn't like Matt Farniok, he played better last year than what we've seen at right tackle/right guard this year.

And then obviously losing Jaimes was a pretty massive hit.

It's like, Prochazka comes in against Northwestern and we're a great run blocking team. Then he gets hurt, and Frost didn't want to lineup for a smash mouth strategy much anymore.

So weird.